Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by omniaT 2 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Otto.

Author Posts
September 26, 2017 at 11:17 am #1383432

omniaT

Hi,

Today we updated our WPML Multilingual CMS to 3.8.1, String Translation to 2.6.1, Translation Management to 2.4.0. The update before was from 1 month ago.
After te update our Blog Title and Tagline was changed into our older Blog Title. We think that was coming somewhere form our Avada Theme.
We solve this with your solution: https://wpml.org/errata/blog-title-and-tagline-cant-be-updated-when-string-translation-is-activated/

So what I want to notice is that your solution was something for WPML Multilingual CMS 3.3.6...
Maybe an old bug has been taken back?

Regards,
Veerle Van der Velden
Omnia Travel

September 27, 2017 at 2:25 am #1384327

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hi @omniat,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to help you on this.

Seems so, would you mind providing me login details, so I can debug this issue further? I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

These info is private, and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note that:

Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials. You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Duplicator instruction
hidden link

It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

If the issues needs some changes in the plugins updates/disabling we will install a plugin called “duplicator” and replicate the site in our local server for testing.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

October 9, 2017 at 4:58 pm #1395711

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello Veerle,

Shekhar is off today. If you don´t mind I will take care of this ticket.

Please apologize about the video conference, we've been a bit loaded recently and that may be slow. But I will check it and let you know.

Meanwhile, we can move forward the issue if it makes sense for you.

For being of better help, can you please provide your WPML Debug information in the debug field below? http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

If I understood properly, the issue is no longer present on your site, right? After the workaround provided in the errata it is solved, right?

I tried to reproduce the issue in a clean install with no luck. Is it reproducible in your install? After the workaround, if you try to change the title and tagline is it possible?

Kind Regards,

Otto

October 11, 2017 at 1:03 pm #1398096

omniaT

Hi Otto,

No prob that you take the ticket, and also no prob about the Google hangout. No worries.

As I told in my first message we updated our WPML Multilingual CMS to 3.8.1, String Translation to 2.6.1, Translation Management to 2.4.0. The update from before was from 1 month ago.

We found the solution on your website here: https://wpml.org/errata/blog-title-and-tagline-cant-be-updated-when-string-translation-is-activated/.
But above on that page there is a message "Resolved Reported for: WPML Multilingual CMS 3.3.6 Resolved in: 3.3.7" -> and now we are 3.8.1!
So I was thinking that maybe ther is a old bug is comming in again....

I only want to notice it to you.
And I hope also that we don't have te same problem with a new update.
So if you want to check someting on our testwebsite, you can do that via Google Hangout.

I hope my explanation is clear enough.
If you need more info, pleas ask me.

Kind regards,
Veerle

October 11, 2017 at 1:19 pm #1398114

Otto
Supporter

Thanks Veerle!

I understand and really appreciate your help pointing us to this potential bug.

I am not able to replicate the issue in a new install. And I understand that the problem is not present on your site too, after applying the workaround, right? Now you are able to change blog and tagline even with ST activated, no?

I think it won't happen again. Did you already update to 3.8.3?

Please try this:
-Backup your site
-Update WPML and its addons
-Check if the issue is back

If not, I think we are done. If it's back, we can check the backup to reproduce the issue (if that's possible for you).

Thanks for your cooperation.

Let me know your results, please.

Kind Regards,

Otto

October 11, 2017 at 1:39 pm #1398145

omniaT

Hi Otto,

Thanks for your fast answer.

Yes the problem is solved now.

But ok, we have our own "update-plan". So if it is possible to leave this ticket on "open" and I let you know something after we have running the updates.
First we do it on our testsite, so after that I can give you more feedback.

Is this ok for you?

Thanks in advance;
Veerle

October 11, 2017 at 1:49 pm #1398167

Otto
Supporter

Hello Veerle,

Yes, sure. Thanks!

The ticket will stay open for two weeks without activity. If you need more time, just write something here 🙂

If the ticket is closed you can create a new one and refer to this one, and we will follow from here.

Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,

Otto

October 19, 2017 at 7:48 am #1405497

omniaT

Please, leave this ticket open.

October 19, 2017 at 12:23 pm #1405879

Otto
Supporter

Sure, you have two more weeks now 🙂

Thanks!

October 24, 2017 at 10:28 am #1409830

omniaT

Hi Otto,

We've updated our website and the blogtitle and tagline are ok.
So problem solved in WPML 3.8.3

Thanks a lot for your good and fast support.

Regards,
Veerle