This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: When I search for a parent (that's important) location in any secondary languages from the home page, the results list is always empty. But it works well if I choose a child location.

Solution: The developer from the "Book your Travel" Theme provided a patch that fixed the problem. If you struggle with the same issue, please contact the Theme author.

Relevant Documentation: https://themeforest.net/item/book-your-travel-online-booking-wordpress-theme/5632266

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by aurelioC 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
August 6, 2019 at 9:53 am

aurelioC

Hi,
I use the "Book Your Travel" theme for my site (primary language: English).

When I do a search for a parent (that's important) location in any secondary languages from the home page, the results list is always empty. But it works good if I choose a child location.

For example: switch to Italian and do a search in "Taormina" (just omit the other fields): you can see all the right results; now do a search in "Sicily" (the parent location for Taormina): it returns nothing. In English it works ok.
All the locations are translated in all languages.

The site is still work in progress so please, skip tests in French because there is almost no content yet for this language.

Thank you.

August 6, 2019 at 11:08 am
August 6, 2019 at 11:09 am #4346689

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

as discussed in our chat, please update me here once you were able to reproduce the issue on the provided Sandbox.

Please let me know.

Best Marcel

August 6, 2019 at 5:10 pm #4349697

aurelioC

Hi,
I've managed to reproduce the problem on the sandbox.

Follow this steps:

1 - Go to the home page; make sure you are in the "English" language
2 - Scroll down a little bit and in the search widget search for an accommodation in France (What? = Accommodation, Where?= France); ignore the other fields.
3 - You should get two results, "Hotel Jorge" and "Hotel Alva", both of which has "Corsica" as their location, a child of "France".
4 - Now repeat the same step but for the "Italian" language (the location is translated in "Francia") and you get no results.

The search works fine if you select "Corsica", a child location of "France". So the problem if for parent locations.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Best regards.

August 7, 2019 at 9:33 am #4353225

aurelioC

Hi,
do you have any news for me, please?
Thank you.

August 7, 2019 at 4:22 pm #4356751

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you, I’m checking the Sandbox to confirm this as a bug and update you ASAP with the next steps.

Best Marcel

August 8, 2019 at 7:24 am #4360279

aurelioC

Hi,

I reported the bug to the developer and he provided me a patch that fixed the problem.
Thank you for your support and efforts to help me.

Best regards.

August 8, 2019 at 10:19 am #4361761

aurelioC

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!