This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 21, 2019 at 9:57 am

rachaelE

Hi there

I am having some issues with WPML and Motopress hotel booking plugin.

Please see this English page where Motopress booking plugin has been installed: hidden link - click in the check in field, and . you will notice that there are some bookings already that are blocked out in the calendar so people cannot book them, for example on 10th-12th July. However, these dates are not blocked out on the other country pages that we have translated the plugin using WPML, meaning we could end up with double bookings for the same days:

Please see the 3 language pages booking calendar to see:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

Please also see the screenshots attached showing the English calendar with the booking showing, and the Spanish calendar which does not show the booking.

How do I make sure that bookings made block out those dates on ALL of the country booking calendars, and not just the country the booking is made in?

Many thanks
Rachael

May 21, 2019 at 3:32 pm #3856717

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

From what I can see, the plugin that you are using is declared as WPML-compatible.

Can you please let me know if you were able to follow the exact procedure mentioned here:
hidden link

Also, from what I can see here (hidden link), there are some updates that need to be done so can you please first create a full backup of the current site, then update the plugins and see if the issue is still happening?

Please let me know how that goes.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 21, 2019 at 4:08 pm #3857083

rachaelE

Hi Mihai

Thank you for your reply, but it has not really helped me. The article you sent is just a very basic run thru of the plugin, and does not actually really help a really user setting up the plugin for real. I also found this article.

Re the updates, whilst I do need to do that, I am pretty confident that is not going to suddenly fix the issue and have the bookings miraculously appear in the booking calendar.

Do you have any other ideas to help me?

Thanks
Rachael

May 21, 2019 at 4:14 pm #3857097

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi Rachael.

Regarding the documentation link I have sent you, that is the only one that I was able to find from the developers of the plugin that you use.

Regarding the plugin update, many times updating the plugin to the latest version solves the issue, especially when there's a pretty big difference in the version number like it is in our case.

We would need to take things step by step and try everything that's "obvious" to see if it solves the issue. If it doesn't, we can then exclude those "options" from the equation and continue with deeper debugging steps.

Thank you for your understanding and I will be waiting for your response.

Please let me know how that goes.

Also, please don't forget to first create a full backup of the site so that you won't risk losing any data.

Kind regards,
Mihai