This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rachaelE 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
May 17, 2019 at 2:20 pm #3835179

rachaelE

Hi Marcel

Well the good news is, the booking calendar is now showing on the language pages, but it is not working - when I click in the "Check in" field on English one, the dates appear....but when I click in the field on the language pages, nothing appears. Are you please able to look into it and see why this is?

It is also the case on the German page, which makes me feel better that I did not miss anything obvious! 🙂

Many thanks
Rachael

May 17, 2019 at 2:33 pm #3835273

rachaelE

Thank you Marcel for creating the new ticket, please do let me know what you find 🙂

May 17, 2019 at 3:39 pm #3835777

rachaelE

Hi Marcel, thank you! I think I have successfully done that, please can you let me know if not 🙂

May 19, 2019 at 12:32 pm #3841573

rachaelE

Hi Marcel, do you have any news for me? I have to be honest and say this is taking way longer than we hoped to get fixed.

Also, we researched compatible booking plugins and specifically chose Motopress and it is on WPML's compatible list, see screenshot attached.

I have also found a number of people using it successfully in the WPML forum, so I am unclear why the clash between the 2 plugins on our site.

Really hoping you can look into this when you are next working.

Many thanks
Rachael

May 20, 2019 at 7:18 am #3844121

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Rachal,

I'm already trying to reproduce the error on the Sandbox. The plugin is compatible, but it could be that one of the lastest Motopress or WPML updates is causing this (Javascript) problem. The last official test was Feb 26 2018.

As I'm trying to reproduce the same shortcode setting from your site, could you please open the site access again? I get today an "ERROR: The password you entered for the username ... is incorrect."

Please let me know. Then I hope we will find a fast solution for you.

Thank you
Marcel

May 20, 2019 at 10:56 am #3846141

rachaelE

Ps just realised my password is not posted as a hidden link, are you ok to delete or hide it?

May 20, 2019 at 12:37 pm #3846847

Marcel
Supporter

No problem, I set it your reply private and will look now into your issue.

Best Marcel

May 20, 2019 at 1:50 pm #3847525

rachaelE

Thanks Marcel, did you have any luck?

May 20, 2019 at 2:30 pm #3847971

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Rachael,

The issue is not reproducible on a clean install. This means the plugin is with WPML fully compatible and there is a problem only on your site. Please see here: hidden link

I also noticed that on the test installation It was not necessary to change the WPML settings to get the shortcode displayed, as I had to do earlier. My question is now if the MotoPress plugin got any PHP/JS edits from you? I will check in the meanwhile your Motopress settings versus my settings from the test site.

Best Marcel

May 20, 2019 at 2:35 pm #3848015

rachaelE

Hi Marcel

I am pretty sure there were no PHP/JS edits on the Motopress plugin (like I am 99.9% certain).

Do you think if I reinstall the booking plugin again it might fix it? I only want to do this as a last resort, as it was time consuming to make all the setting for the booking plugin.

Please let me know what you find re the settings.

Many thanks
Rachael

May 20, 2019 at 2:38 pm #3848051

rachaelE

PS: I think this is incorrect, bu I'm posting the reply I got from Motopress about the issue:

The accommodation type has a different id in each language. You can see the ids in Accommodation > Accommodation Types > hover over the accommodation type in each language. These ids need to be used in the shortcode of the respective page version: Spanish id should be used on the Spanish version of the Book Now page, the German ids should be used on the German version of the page, and so on.Please, fix the ids in the shortcodes and let us know if it works for you.

May 20, 2019 at 2:39 pm #3848057

Marcel
Supporter

I thought about the same, I'm migrating now your site to our Cloudways server, where we can test this before you make any changes to your finished site. I also would like to test this with WP 5.2. I will update you once the migration process is done.

Best Marcel

May 20, 2019 at 2:41 pm #3848085

rachaelE

"I thought about the same" - do you mean re reinstalling?

Great, thank you Marcel! I REALLY appreciate this, please keep me posted 🙂

May 20, 2019 at 2:51 pm #3848119

Marcel
Supporter

Yes, about reinstalling. But I think it's not necessary anymore. Please see your shortcode VS my shortcode: hidden link

On my shortcode, the date picker is working. I didn't setup any accommodation type ID in each language, so I can't confirm the answer from Motopress. But if they tell it's the correct way, then please do it like this and change the ID for every shortcode in each language.

Best Marcel

May 20, 2019 at 3:14 pm #3848249

rachaelE

Hi Marcel

That is not the correct for though - the one you are usiNg is a search form, the one I am using is a booking form:

MINE: [mphb_availability id="6854" class="bookform"]

YOURS: [mphb_availability_search check_in_date check_out_date ]

I added it like your one to the German page to test it, and when I click on SUCHE nothing happens.

Please can you look at my pages to see what I mean?