This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: "Hotel Booking" plugin from Motopress is not showing the shortcode.

Solution: #1 Open WPML -> Settings -> Set all Custom Fields / Custom Post Types from the MotoPress Booking Plugin to "translate". (textdomain "mphb_")

#2 Open "Accommodation Types" and add a translation for each language

This has to be done additional on "Accommodation" & "Rates". When all it's translated, the shortcode will work.

Relevant Documentation: https://motopress.com/blog/translate-motopress-hotel-booking-plugin-with-wpml/

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rachaelE 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
May 14, 2019 at 12:23 pm #3806705

rachaelE

Hi there, please see this page: hidden link

Now see the language versions of this page - the booking calendar is not showing. The shortcode is in place on the language page (see screenshot attached of the Spanish page in Beaver Builder - ohh it won't let me attach), but the booking calendar is just not showing.

Many thanks
Rachael

May 14, 2019 at 4:08 pm #3809053

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Could you please provide me with your debug info? https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support

Best Marcel

May 14, 2019 at 4:14 pm #3809073

rachaelE

hi Marcel

Very happy to hear from you, this is so frustrating not being able to view the calendar! 🙂

Btw I made a new ticket, this one is covering the same issue as this and can be deleted.

Many thanks
Rachael

May 14, 2019 at 4:19 pm #3809083

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Rachael, ok I will close this ticket.

Best Marcel

May 14, 2019 at 4:24 pm #3809123

rachaelE

Hi Marcel, I meant to close the other ticket, but as long as one of them is open, that is cool! Are you working on the other ticket instead?

May 14, 2019 at 4:29 pm #3809147

Marcel
Supporter

Sorry, I did understand it wrong. Now, this ticket is opened again. Could you please update first all WPML components?

May 14, 2019 at 4:37 pm #3809189

rachaelE

How do I do that? And will it affect anything else to do with WPML? I have spent hours translating things across the site 🙂

May 14, 2019 at 4:41 pm #3809215

rachaelE

I think you mean this re updating the plugins, right? All done. Calendar is still not showing on the page though 🙂

May 14, 2019 at 8:03 pm #3810461

rachaelE

Please can someone help me with this?

May 14, 2019 at 8:53 pm #3810593

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Rachael,

Yes, I meant the WPML plugins. The translation will stay active. I checked the plugins doc and there is nothing special related how to activate the shortcode on a translated page: hidden link

I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Please add the Links to the […] Edit Screen, the Page/Post where you insert the […] and the corresponding Front End Page/Screen

Best Marcel

May 15, 2019 at 3:13 pm #3818235

rachaelE

Hi Marcel, did you have any luck with this yet? I sent a private message yesterday with FTP etc details. Awaiting news from your end 🙂

Many thanks
Rachael

May 15, 2019 at 3:15 pm #3818237

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Rachael,

I'm currently on your site and I added a translation for the shortcode form, but it's not working. I need to test here another option. I will let you know when I find a solution to your problem.

Best Marcel

May 15, 2019 at 4:03 pm #3818617

rachaelE

Great, thank you so much Marcel! I will look forward to hearing what you find 🙂

May 15, 2019 at 9:28 pm #3820321

rachaelE

Hi Marcel, did you get any luck? We are just waiting on this one thing to launch the website 🙂

May 16, 2019 at 8:02 am #3822943

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Rachael,

I was able to translate it: hidden link
I did the following settings:

#1 WPML -> Settings -> Set all Custom Fields / Custom Post Types from the MotoPress Booking Plugin to "translate".

#2 Open "Accommodation Types" here hidden link and add a translation for each language -> I did it now for German (You will see it on the pencil icon)

This has to be done additional on "Accommodation" & "Rates". When all it's translated, the shortcode will work. Please also finish open translation with a gearwheel icon. The shortcode self will be the same ID on all pages.

Now I hope you can launch your site 🙂

Best Marcel