This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.61 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 11, 2019 at 11:18 am

arnasM

I am trying to: make the booking form visible in languages other than English. It was all good at first, but after some tweaks the booking form input fields disappeared for some reason.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: hidden link

Instead, I got: hidden link

August 12, 2019 at 6:37 am #4378543

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Can you give me a few more details about the tweaks that are making the input fields disappear, please? They might be helpful for finding the reason why is this happening.

Also, I tried to use the credentials you send to me and have a look at the booking form but I get a message that the credentials are not correct. Can you check this out and send me again the username and password, please?

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

August 13, 2019 at 6:32 am
August 14, 2019 at 10:10 am #4394067

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

I checked this out and I could see that the bookings are made using a plugin called Car Rental Booking System for WordPress. As you can see here https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/, this plugin is not a part of our WPML compatible plugins list so there might be some some compatibility issues.

However, you can go to Dashboard → WPML → Settings → Post Types Translation , select the middle option (Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language) for Booking Forms (crbs_booking_form). This way, the booking forms should be translatable.

Once you did this, just go here hidden link, and translate the Homepage Form form. This way, the other languages should have a form to display.

Just give this all a try and tell me how things work now.

Thanks,
Radu

August 14, 2019 at 10:42 am #4394259

arnasM

Hi Radu,

Thanks a lot for your help.
I did what you said, but now for some reason I'm unable to translate the booking form: hidden link

Thanks!

August 15, 2019 at 10:30 am #4400273

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Please follow these steps and tell me how things work now:

• go here hidden link;
  • press the plus sign next to the French language (on the right sidebar);
  • create the translation of the booking;
  • get the ID of the translated booking form from the shortcode;
  • go to WPML → String translation;
  • search for 10013;
  • add the translation for French by pasting the ID copied on step #4;
  • check the Translation is complete box;
  • save the change;
  • check the French homepage now.

Just let me know how things look now, once you did the changes I suggested.

Thanks,
Radu

August 18, 2019 at 11:55 am #4412021

arnasM

Hi,

Seems to work, it's just that now the date fields in other languages (FR and LT) are not working, but it's most likely an issue of our modifications, nothing to do with WPML or the original script of the booking plugin. Can you confirm if I'm correct? 🙂

Thanks

August 19, 2019 at 6:28 am #4413679

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

I checked the French homepage, for example, and I could see that there's a JavaScript error (in the console) coming from the car rental booking system plugin. Could you reach out the plugin authors and ask them to have a look at this, please? They know how the plugin works and should be able to spot the source of this issue in no time. Please keep me posted about the progress you're making on this. I'm ready to jump in if there's anything else I can do from the plugin side.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Booking form not appearing in other languages’ is closed to new replies.