This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: the client is setting up a bookable product with time slots and a buffer period. When translating the product, the buffer period is not copied over.

Solution: search for wc_booking_buffer_period under System Fields in WPML -> Settings -> Custom Field Translation and set it as "copy"

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by julieH-7 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
May 28, 2019 at 5:58 am #3902873

julieH-7

I am trying to:
Complete translation of product with bookable resources from EN to FR. The product has specific availability settings; it was setup with time slots and a buffer period of 30mins. I used the Multilingual product translator and almost everything translated correctly, except the buffer period which didn't carry over.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see:
The same time slots available, taking into consideration the buffer period.

Instead, I got:
Time slots with buffer period work correctly on EN, but aren't taken into consideration on FR so the time slots are wrong.

May 28, 2019 at 3:22 pm #3908361

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

If this buffer option is a custom field, you should be able to set it as "copy" in WPML -> Settings -> Custom Field Translation
From your screenshots, it seems to be set as untranslatable.
It might be wc_booking_first_block_time or wc_booking_duration_unit, it's not clear from the list only.

If you have issues finding it, we might try to reproduce the issue on a fresh install (I'd give you the link) so we can further debug.

May 28, 2019 at 4:56 pm #3908969

julieH-7

Thanks for the prompt assistance Laura! This worked perfectly, I was able to find wc_booking_buffer_period under System fields and switch it to copy, which addressed the buffer discrepancy in FR.

I am now realizing however after testing that time slots availability don't appear to be in sync between EN & FR. When looking at June 1st in EN, all slots are available, but in FR, the date is partially booked. How do I make sure they both use the same resource?

May 29, 2019 at 9:02 am #3913677

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I found a similar ticket here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/product-id-booking-not-syncing/
it seems this is managed as well with custom fields, so setting them to "copy" should solve this issue as well.

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.

May 29, 2019 at 2:00 pm #3916263

julieH-7

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!