This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
June 29, 2019 at 7:21 am #4111231

viktorL-8

Dear Support,

I use WPML to translate Bookly Pro plugin strings. I translated the category names and service names from english to hungarian and they display properly in hungarian in the booking form front end. However the same category and service names DO NOT get translated on the admin side and in the customer cabinet front end. I have checked all the Bookly strings, and found that category and service names appear only once, already translated of course. I have contacted to Bookly support, who investigated the issue and finally recommended to get in touch with you.

June 30, 2019 at 5:24 pm #4114699

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

Please let me know the exact steps to reproduce the issue on your site.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 1, 2019 at 6:14 pm #4121657

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Viktor,

Thank you for the login information and details. The issue is existing after enabling the following options.

a) WPML>>Languages>>Make themes work multilingual>>Adjust IDs for multilingual functionality

b) WPML>>Languages>>Language filtering for AJAX operations>> Store a language cookie to support language filtering for AJAX

So please try the following troubleshooting steps after a site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not.

1) Go to WPML>>Support page

2) Click on Troubleshooting link (blue link in the middle of the page)

3) In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of the *Clean up* section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.

- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix WPML tables collation
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment
- Recreate ST DB cache tables

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 1, 2019 at 9:11 pm #4122173

viktorL-8

Dear Bigul,

Thank you for the recommendations. I have done all the steps one-by-one but nothing has changed.

What should I do next?

Regards,
Viktor

July 2, 2019 at 6:32 am #4124309

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Viktor,

Thank you for the feedback. Maybe you are facing this issue because of compatibility conflicts. So to make sure if possible, please do the following steps.

a) Backup your site first
b) Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like 2017
c) Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML
d) If the issue is gone, activate the plugin one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue

Please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 2, 2019 at 9:12 pm #4130071

viktorL-8

Hi Bigul,

Tried to change the theme and deactivated all the non-WPML pugins, no luck. Duplicator is installed and ready to use.

Regards,
Viktor

July 3, 2019 at 12:16 pm #4136147

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Viktor,

Thank you for the updates and permission. I made a Duplicator copy of your site now. Will debug it further and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 4, 2019 at 9:08 am #4141713

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Viktor,

For your kind updates, the issue is existing after my initial debugging steps and can reproduce the issue in a fresh installation. It looks like *bookly-customer-cabinet* shortcode is not compatible with WPML and *bookly-appointments-list* shortcode is working fine for me. Please check the attached images for more details.

Therefore escalating the ticket to our compatibility team for further debugging. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 12, 2019 at 12:16 pm #4198427

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Viktor,

The issue is happening because the code to list the Service and Category terms are not compatible with WPML. It works in our local copy after the following steps. Please try it after a site backup and let me know your feedback.

1) Go to *wp-content/plugins/bookly-addon-customer-cabinet/frontend/modules/customer_cabinet* folder
2) Open *Ajax.php* file for edit
3) Scroll to line 155
4) Change the code with the following one

'service_title'    => apply_filters( 'wpml_translate_single_string', $row['service_title'], 'bookly', 'service_' . $row['ca_id']) . '<br/>' . implode( '<br/>', array_map( function ( $extras ) { return $extras['title']; }, (array) BooklyLib\Proxy\ServiceExtras::getCAInfo( $row['ca_id'], false ) ) ),

5) Scroll to line 156
6) Change the code with the following one

'category'         => apply_filters( 'wpml_translate_single_string', $row['category'], 'bookly', 'category_' . $row['ca_id']),

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 14, 2019 at 8:46 am #4205287

viktorL-8

Hi Bigul,

The code creates new strings of category and service names every time I make a new booking. These new strings do not use the existing translation, I need to translate them manually. In this case the category and service names are perfectly translated on the frontend.

What else to do, as I cannot translate strings after every booking, obviously.

Thank you!
Viktor

July 15, 2019 at 9:22 am #4209015

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Viktor,

Thank you for the updates. I have a doubt, have you uninstalled and removed Bookly plugins from your site? Please let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 15, 2019 at 10:58 am #4210065

viktorL-8

Hi Bigul,

Sorry for the inconvenience, I thought you do not need to login again to my site after downloading it.
I have put Bookly plugin to a subdomain site with a fresh WP install because of performance issues.

I am more than happy to send you the credentials of the subdomain site privately, so you can check it.

I am waiting for the private link.

Regards,
Viktor

July 15, 2019 at 1:53 pm #4211881

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Viktor,

Thank you for the updates. I am enabling the private option for the next reply. Please check.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 15, 2019 at 6:42 pm #4214187

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Viktor,

Thank you for the updates. But I am not able to find the duplication for the category and service names strings in subdomain site. Does it happen when we make a new appointment? Please share the exact steps to reproduce the issue.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 15, 2019 at 9:23 pm #4214637

viktorL-8

Hi Bigul,

That is because I restored the original script from a backup. Now, I have changed the code again to your version, so you can try it.

Please, first make a booking (On the Front Page). Then login to the customer cabinet with the credentials you get via email. Now see, that category and service names are not translated.

After this, if you login as admin and serch for the 'booked service name' string, you will find an extra copy of it that needs translation. If you translate it, then it shows correctly. But a new booking makes a new copy that needs translation...