This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
June 13, 2019 at 8:24 am

tai-chowA

I am trying to: Adding a ( Bookzo ) object to the site in multiple languages

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: On the dutch and german version i expect to see the similar page translated, just like the other objects i translated.

Instead, I got: I get a redirect to the homepage

For a client we are developing a multilanguage site which we taken over from a previous development company. The site has a plugin to connect to a external booking software package, i have contacted the support of Bookzo but they cant see a issue from their side.

The bookzo objects gets loaded from the plugin in the form of a wordpress custom post type (object), they are linked to a fusion slider to create a page with a slider. For the majority of the objects this seems to work, however for one of the objects villa bo it seems to get a redirect from somewhere.

Removing the object and creating a new one and translating the content doesnt fix this issue, asked the client to remove the object from the bookzo software completely and creating this one a new one, this does not resolve the issue.

This behavior seems to be coming from wpml, before installing wpml and creating the translations. There were no problems with redirects, creating and linking the sliders with Avada fusion sliders.

Hopefully you can help me resolve this issue,

Regards

Gerard s5

June 13, 2019 at 10:08 am #4011623

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you tell me if this is the API you are using for this?
hidden link

This sounds like a compatibility issue, but I am wondering (based on the system) - are you able to emulate this in any environment (such as our clean and minimal sandbox installation), or the whole API is linked to your account/URL?

Or maybe if you could create a Duplicator package our 2nd tier support could debug? Let me know what you think would be the easiest approach for us for testing and possibly debugging this, since personally I'm not familiar with this system and there have been no other tickets related to Bookzo api at all.

For your information - our 2nd tier support always debug directly on their localhost installations, meaning that they cannot debug issues directly on the clients sites, therefore we need to enable them any working installation where we can see the issue in question.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 13, 2019 at 12:27 pm #4012737

tai-chowA

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Thats correct this is the api used for bookzo, however one of the developers at bookzo has developed a wordpress plugin and we are using that. So the whole API isnt linked to our account.

We have made it work on one staging development site and on localhost.
However on the livesite the problems showed up when new objects were made, and the translations of that.

The easiest approach for debugging this is probaly if your 2nd tier support debugs this on a localhost, since the site is already live we would like to change as little possible right now.
I have created duplicator files to use for debugging, however i cant see a file upload to attach them to this message.

Regards,

Gerard s5

June 13, 2019 at 12:53 pm #4013031

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

The easiest approach for debugging this is probaly if your 2nd tier support debugs this on a localhost, since the site is already live we would like to change as little possible right now.

That would be great - can you provide me with WordPress credentials so that I could download Duplicator packages? Or if not, can you upload them into dropbox or elsewhere and put the link into the next private reply I have enabled for you, while also providing WordPress credentials for the Duplicator installation as well.

Also, it would be great if you could provide us with step-by-step information on what does our 2nd tier need to do to emulate the issue - starting from the beginning until the end and tell us what to look at ( I am asking this because I do not think that they are also familiar with Bookzo, due to lack of any other tickets or resources related to the issue).

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 13, 2019 at 1:25 pm
June 13, 2019 at 2:12 pm #4013537

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I would only need this information at this point:

however if u click the permalink or access the link through the menu

is this happening for translationsof these Objects, such as:
hidden link
hidden link

Perhaps a screenshot will help - otherwise, did you get the above working somehow?

Or:

and select the Villa Bo slider.

Is this happening only if Villa Bo slider is used on any of the Objects? If yes, why is this slider different to others?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 13, 2019 at 2:36 pm #4013935

tai-chowA

Hi,

This is not happening for any other translations of the objects, villa Bo is the only object this happens for right now. In the past similar problems have happend for Villa Flagstone, Villa Gabrielle, De Hoeve van Bergen.

The wp bookzo plugin developer had looked at the site since i contacted the support from them. After he changed a setting in wpml and relinking the sliders with the objects we got the objects to work, except the villa Bo object.

The villa Bo slider has the same settings as the rest of the sliders, so there shouldnt be any difference.

I'll add a screenshot of the redirect, and what permalink im talking about.

Regards,

Gerard s5

June 13, 2019 at 2:39 pm #4013987

tai-chowA

Hi,

A little follow up for extra information.

When i created the Villa Bo object right now, the english version of it seems to work. While the dutch and german versions of the object still get a redirect.
hidden link

regards,

Gerard s5

June 13, 2019 at 2:54 pm #4014081

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

The wp bookzo plugin developer had looked at the site since i contacted the support from them. After he changed a setting in wpml and relinking the sliders with the objects we got the objects to work, except the villa Bo object.

Would you mind sharing what exactly has the plugin developer done here, especially WPML change, did you receive any feedback from them related to these changes?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 14, 2019 at 7:04 am #4018859

tai-chowA

Hi,

The bookzo plugin developer made changes in the way the Fusion sliders interact with different languages. So that u can choose what slider u want for each different language, i can't tell u what setting he changed exactly. But i have not made any changes to the settings since then.

Could u please tell me where wpml stores the redirects for languages in the database? I have a feeling there is a broken link trailing somewhere, and breaking the site.

Regards,

Gerard s5

June 14, 2019 at 9:10 am #4019817

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for providing all this information - I have sent the whole case, along with your questions, to our compatibility team and I will get back to you as soon as I will have some information or questions.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 18, 2019 at 2:03 pm #4044285

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Our compatibility team has picked up this issue - however, it seems that hidden link is working now and not redirecting any more. Can you tell me if you resolved it in the meantime, or?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] Bookzo object keeps redirecting to homepage on main language and one other’ is closed to new replies.