This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
December 27, 2016 at 6:59 am #1168701

ryanW-5

1. Both "copy content from and overwrite from" are not showing on "translated pages", but a New Page testing works fine.

2. same issue works fine on "Portfolio Items(custom post)"

screenshot:
hidden link

URL of (my) website where problem appears:
hidden link

Steps to duplicate the issue:

Can't duplicate, new pages work fine, only pages that were copied or overwritten appear to have this issue.

December 27, 2016 at 10:30 am #1168895

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hello, Ryan.

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum.

I've tried several options on my local server, and I've found out the following.
If I first create the post/page in the other language (not the default language), then I can not see the "copy content from and overwrite from" buttons after the post was already translated and saved back into the default language of the site.
Those buttons are only showing when you first create the post/page in the default language.
Is this also the case in your installation?
Please, checked if this is also happening when you try to "copy content from and overwrite from" on a post/page that was first created in the non-default language.

I look forward to your reply!

Thanks,
Itamar.

December 27, 2016 at 3:20 pm #1169168

ryanW-5

hi, Itamar

thanks for the reply,
I think that might be close to my case since we've switched the default language once. If that's the case, is there a fix to this?

thank you

December 28, 2016 at 10:32 pm #1170395

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi, Ryan.

If I understand right, this is the situation.
You have some translated pages with wrong/unwanted content, and you want to override the content of those pages with the content from the original page.
Correct?
Is the following a good solution for you?
Just delete the translated page and then re-translate it again and copy or duplicate the content from the original page.

Please, let me know if this OK with you.

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Both "copy content from and overwrite from" are not showing on old posts’ is closed to new replies.