Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
November 17, 2019 at 10:20 am #4959993

leaS-6

I tried to translate the footer but I don´t find a way. the text for the bottom footer is in the theme copyright. I tried it via string translation but there is no bottom footer. How can I translate it?

November 17, 2019 at 12:14 pm #4960135

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Where did you add the text you there?
Is it a widget? if yes, just use this feature: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/displaying-different-widgets-for-different-languages/
This will be easier and convenient.

No need to translate.
One widget for a language and another widget for the another language.
Pretty easy.

If it comes from theme options you have to follow : https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

If you are still unable to find anything please show me a screenshot where you add these texts: https://wpml.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/4959993-footer2.jpg

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Riffaz.

November 18, 2019 at 6:41 am #4962027

leaS-6

Hello,

thank you.

As I´ve allready written it is not a widget. It is in the theme options and I allready tried to translate it via string admin translation. but there I can´t found it.

November 18, 2019 at 6:50 am #4962119

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Let me know your site login details to check this closely.
The next reply is private.

Regards,

November 18, 2019 at 2:43 pm #4965987

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for the details.

I rescanned your strings.
Fixed some syntax errors on the code you used there.
but still the strings are not shown up in admin text.

It should be a theme compatibility issue then.
We have to check this in a fresh installation.

Please :
1. go to hidden link
2. configure the wpml. at the last step (sitekey) just click next
3. install your theme.
4. set the footer as you have it on your site
5. create only one page
6. translate footer and page
7. let us know how to check this there with screenshots and urls

you may think that you do not have time for this but it will take only 5 to 10 minutes as everything is already pre-configured there.

Regards,

November 19, 2019 at 6:18 am #4968719

leaS-6

the installation of the demo crashed. Can you resolve it than I can trie again

November 19, 2019 at 12:36 pm #4972103

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

No worries.
Use this one : hidden link

November 19, 2019 at 2:27 pm #4973277

leaS-6

the theme with the demo content is installed on your server

November 20, 2019 at 6:12 am #4976859

leaS-6

can you please in addition solve the problem with the not working drop down selection of the language in the top header

November 20, 2019 at 12:35 pm #4979947

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for this.

It seems you migrated your whole site.
We need to check only the footer option in a page without setting anything else.
All you had to do is just install your theme in the test site I provided and create a test page with the footer.
So we can check and find a workaround for this.

Anyhow, I could not find the theme options in the migrated site: hidden link
I spent more than 2.5 hours digging the migrated site but I could not find the theme options or anything we want to check your footer.

Could you please send us your theme?
I could not find your theme in our compatible list as well: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/
So if you just send me the theme I will install it in my localhost and check it for you or simply install your theme only here: hidden link
Just click on the link and install your theme or simply send us the theme only as a zip file.
Either way we can test it for you if we get one of this.

Regards,

November 20, 2019 at 12:50 pm #4980103

leaS-6

ok ...sorry...I activated the theme on your new sandbox and created a bottom footer....the theme setting is on the left hand side at the top -Transera -> theme setting ->footer -> footer bottom setting

November 21, 2019 at 6:48 am #4985381

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for this.
This is what exactly we need.

I activated the theme on your new sandbox
- I see that. thanks: hidden link

created a bottom footer
- I see the default footer only: hidden link

the theme setting is on the left hand side at the top -Transera -> theme setting ->footer -> footer bottom setting
- I do not see that : hidden link

I could be able to translate the default footer credits after scanning the theme Transera: hidden link but this is not same as your live site.
In your live site it comes from somewhere else.
We can find that if we can check the theme option in the test site but there is no theme option in the test site: hidden link

Could you please check and let us know how to access the Transera -> theme setting ->footer -> footer bottom setting in hidden link where you already have installed and activated the Transera.

Regards,

November 21, 2019 at 6:58 am #4985387

leaS-6

You have to activate the plugin Solazu Unyson....I did it for you...now you have the Transera Theme functions...directly below the "Dashboard" button in the top. There you go to Theme settings->footer-> then you have 3 footer options...the last one is the footer bottom settings

November 21, 2019 at 12:20 pm #4987679

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for this.

These kind of extensions should show up in this structure here hidden link but 'Solazu Unyson' does not work like that.
It's a compatibility issue.

I escalated this to the relevant department.
Please be patient till we get back to you again.

Regards,

November 21, 2019 at 12:24 pm #4987767

leaS-6

hello,

ok thank you!

is there also a solution for the top language selector? this can´t be displayed vertical with selector