This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
December 7, 2016 at 1:32 am #1153205

juanE-6

I am trying to:
1- Change the "Home" breadcrumb in the spanish language to be "Inicio"
2- The products "Availability" button could no be translated either to be in spanish "Disponíble" and also redirect a 404 error in spansih, in the english section it works.

URL of (my) website where problem appears:
1- hidden link
2- hidden link
3- hidden link
4- hidden link
5- hidden link
6- hidden link
7- hidden link
8- hidden link

I expected to see: Change the "Home" breadcrumb in the spanish language to be "Inicio"

Instead, I got: "Home" breadcrumb in the spanish language says "Hme" and re-direct to in the english version of the page. While the rest of the breadcrumbs pages translates in a correct manner and links re-direct perfectly.

Steps to duplicate the issue: You can go to the links provided.

December 7, 2016 at 3:24 pm #1154011

Ahmed Mohammed
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Thanks for contacting WPML Support!

I can see a couple of different issues:

First issue, 'Home' breadcrumb is coming from Breadcrumb NavXT plugin.
Second issue, The products "Availability" button, and this maybe coming from your theme.

1- 'Home' breadcrumb:

Breadcrumb NavXT plugin is not listed in our plugins compatibility list http://wpml.org/plugin

So, you will need to follow these steps to be able to translate the 'Home' breadcrumb:

1- Go to WPML -> String Translation -> scroll down to Translate texts in admin screens »
2- Look for bcn_options and depending on your Breadcrumb NavXT settings, choose the Home Breadcrumb option. ( I think you will need to choose this 'Hhome_template').
3- Scroll down and click 'Apply'.
4- Go back to String Translation page and translate the 'Home' part

[php]<span property="itemListElement" typeof="ListItem"><a property="item" typeof="WebPage" title="Go to %title%." href="%link%" class="%type%"><span property="name">Home</span></a><meta property="position" content="%position%"></span>[php]

should be

[php]<span property="itemListElement" typeof="ListItem"><a property="item" typeof="WebPage" title="Go to %title%." href="%link%" class="%type%"><span property="name">Inicio</span></a><meta property="position" content="%position%"></span>[php]

Also, you need to choose a different URL language format from WPML -> Languages so that the 'Home' breadcrumb links correctly to the translate homepage. You can choose
'Different languages in directories'

-- Note -- There's a paid extension created by Breadcrumb NavXT developer for his plugin compatibility with WPML. You can find it here hidden link

2- The products "Availability" button:

I'm not sure of the purpose of that button, but when I click it in the English version (the working version) it redirects me to the product page. So when you change the URL language format that mentioned above, could you please test again and give me some info about that button if it's still not working?

June 15, 2018 at 8:03 am #2414968

Verena

Thank you! This helped me.