This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Breadcrumbs' link to product categories is not working.

Solution:

The product categories' terms ( for example, "all-3d-models") should be translated. And the translation shouldn't be the same as the default language. Otherwise, a 404 page for this category term will occur. This is a known issue that we explain here. https://wpml.org/errata/translated-term-slug-identical-to-the-original-term-slug/ This a WordPress limitation. Please translate the terms and then it should work.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by 3dL 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
February 20, 2020 at 4:15 pm #5534895

3dL

Hi, Our website mainly consists of a market for downloadable products (3D models) and online courses. We use Woocommerce for the market. The main language for the site is English and the second language is Bulgarian. We translated everything from EN to BG except for the market place. To do this we used this option:hidden link (market use fallback to default language option)
Everything works perfectly but when we are on bg market page and click on some links, error pages appear. It must return us to the category that is selected.

Can you help us?

Thanks in advance.

February 23, 2020 at 5:02 pm #5549299

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Please confirm the following.

1. This problem is happening with the links of the breadcrumbs on your site, correct?

And if I understand correctly then the following settings are applied on your site.

2. When you go to WPML -> Settings -> Post Types Translation the Products (product) is set to 'Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language' and none of the products are translated. Correct?

2. When you go to WPML -> Settings -> Taxonomy Translation the Product categories (product_cat) is also set to 'Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language'. Correct?

3. Now my other question is what is happening with the translation of the 'product-category'?

3a. Is it translated into GB?
You can check it in WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Store URLs.

3b. What about 'all-3d-models' taxonomy term, is it translated into GB?

February 24, 2020 at 3:32 pm #5555709

3dL

Hello, thanks for your answer.

1. Yes, this is happening with links of the breadcrumbs. When I click on some link, for example when I click on "all 3d models" or "seats" its opening ERROR 404.
Now I see that this problem happening and when I click on categories on sidebar. Look the screenshots-1.jpg and 1_1.jpg
2-Yes, I do this setting= Look the screenshot 2.jpg. I hope this is a correct setting.
3./3a. Yes. 'product-category' is translated. Look the screenshot 3a.jpg
3b. No. We are leaving the "all-3d-models" and other categories not translated. Look the screenshot 3b.jpg.

February 25, 2020 at 3:59 pm #5564435

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thanks for the extra details.

You wrote: "3b. No. We are leaving the "all-3d-models" and other categories not translated."

The product categories' terms ( for example, "all-3d-models") should be translated. And the translation shouldn't be the same as the default language. Otherwise, a 404 page for this category term will occur. This is a known issue that we explain here.
https://wpml.org/errata/translated-term-slug-identical-to-the-original-term-slug/
This a WordPress limitation.
Please translate the terms and then it should work.

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Itamar.

February 26, 2020 at 1:36 pm #5571657

3dL

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!