Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Christopher Amirian 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Christopher Amirian.

Author Posts
March 1, 2021 at 12:07 pm #8196845

dmitrijsH

When I save a translation, there is a circle that keeps rolling for many seconds. And even Firefox suggests that the webpage is slowing your browser.

March 1, 2021 at 12:29 pm #8197127

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

This ticket has been inactive for quite a while. I didn't get a reply from you. So I've transformed this chat into a support ticket because you may still need help from us. If you do, please reply to this ticket, and one of our supporters will continue helping you.

Thanks,
Itamar.

March 1, 2021 at 1:50 pm #8197655

dmitrijsH

Hello,

Our chat was disconnected several times. I was ready to continue.

Which additional information should I provide?

I do not think that this is relevant to a browser. It is always slow even when saving a single product translation.

If I try to save a couple of translations at once, the website stops working. And for a couple of minutes the following information appears: Unable to establish the database connection.

Sincerely,

March 2, 2021 at 7:01 am #8203869

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for the information. To make sure that we rule out some possibilities as the troubleshooting steps I'd appreciate it if you could test the points below:

- Log in to your website using the Chrome browser and try to follow the same steps that cause the slow browser and see if the same thing happens.

- You have lots of plugins installed on your WordPress installation and the memory limit is set to 256M. It is a pretty high number but with the number of plugins that you have installed, I suggest that we be on the safe side and you increase the PHP memory limit to 512M:

You can add this by adding the code below to "wp-config.php" file of your WordPress installation root folder:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Please add the code above the line below:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Now from your last reply, I see that there are two kinds of issues:

1. Slow browser.

2. Connection failure to the database.

The slow browser is usually because of the Javascript-related stuff as that is the only language that the browser needs to handle. That might cause by the plugins for sure.

The second one is a complete server-related issue. The plugin (No matter if it is WPML or not) sends a request to the server to connect to the database and get the data. That is the end of the plugin job and the rest is up to the server.

So for the second problem, you will need to contact your hosting service provider.

Now, if you test the dashboard with another browser and you still have the issue, I'd appreciate it if you could give me the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard after you make sure that you have a backup of your website, just in case something happens, you will have a point of restore.

The next reply will be private.

We might need to test the issue in a clean environment by deactivating all the plugins except WPML and its add-ons to see if the problem persists in an isolated case.
That is why if you can provide us with a staging version of your website that will be great as we will be able to do the tests without the fear of affecting the live website.

Thank you.

March 9, 2021 at 11:45 pm #8268019

dmitrijsH

Hello,

Thank you. It is just a short update from our side. We are still working. I will come back to you asap.

Sincerely,

March 10, 2021 at 6:31 am #8269507

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Thank you for the update.

The topic ‘[Closed] Browser get stuck when saving translations’ is closed to new replies.