This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
May 9, 2019 at 8:49 pm #3779313

Christophe

I am trying to: add a language selection page for people whose browser is not in french or dutch (the 2 languages of the website)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: people with
- english (for instance) browser not redirected and see the language choice (my root page)
- french browser redirected to hidden link
- dutch browser redirected to hidden link

Instead, I got: french browser is not working - no redirect

I have made an echo of get_bloginfo( 'language' ) and it returns fr-FR. WPlang in the table wp-options is empty, the same in the file wp-config. It's not a problem of cookies.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

May 9, 2019 at 11:57 pm #3779891

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

please go to WPML->Languages->Edit languages and share with me a screenshot of your settings

May 10, 2019 at 6:53 am #3781735

Christophe

Hello,
Please find the printscreen in attachment. I have also the problem that there is no redirection to hidden link and hidden link even when you have a language cookie

May 10, 2019 at 8:06 pm #3787709

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

If possible i would like to take a closer look so i can further test this on our cloudways staging enviroment without interefering your live site as the settings look as expected.

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

May 14, 2019 at 3:01 pm #3808429

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello Christophe,

As Bobby is not longer available, I would like to continue with your case.

I have checked your site and I'm afraid this is custom code and this is beyond our support. However, there is a simple solution that may fit you better:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/after-recent-updates-root-link-displays-blank-but-language-directories-work/

Regards,
Andrés