Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 7 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
March 15, 2021 at 2:41 pm #8312309

salmaS-2

My buddypress pages are translating but the activities and comments on the translated page are still showing in default language. Can someone please tell me how to show the activities and comments as translated on the translated page.

Thank you

March 16, 2021 at 8:26 am #8317815

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello!

Welcome to WPML Support.

I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

In order for BuddyPress to work correctly, you need to use our addon plugin. Please check our documentation and make sure you are using the required plugins:

- https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/buddypress-multilingual/

As for comments, I think you will need to translate them in order for them to have a translation and show them as translated.

Since I see you are using bbPress also, I suggest you check our documentation for this plugin also and use the required plugins if you are translating everything:

- https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/how-to-use-bbpress-on-multilingual-sites-with-wpml/

I hope I was helpful. Don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way, I'll gladly help you.

Regards,
Drazen

March 16, 2021 at 3:29 pm #8323387

salmaS-2

Hi Drazen, thanks for your response. I have translated the bbpress and buddypress using the addons you mentioned above but I am facing trouble in translating users activities and comments, there is no option to translate those particular sections in translations management or string translation. Can you please guide me how to translate comments and activities in buddypress using BuddyPress Multilingual Addon.

Thanks

March 17, 2021 at 6:40 am #8327853

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

thanks for the feedback.

I think you should be able to enable translation for these posts type in WPML Settings, but let me check it out for you.

In order to investigate this issue and to understand it better, I would need to access your website.

- Please share links to the page where I can see the issue

- Please make a full backup of your site (files and database) and confirm it in your next reply. I might need to enable/disable plugins, switch themes and access your website database.

I would need to access both your site's wp-admin and FTP account. Be sure to provide both.

I have enabled the private username and password fields in your next reply. You can safely add your information into these fields.

Kind regards,
Drazen

The topic ‘[Closed] Buddypress acitvities and comments are not showing as translated’ is closed to new replies.