Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
March 31, 2021 at 8:17 am

Stefano

BuddyPress group email notifications are sent in the current front-end language

March 31, 2021 at 10:39 am
March 31, 2021 at 10:46 am #8438929

Stefano

thanks, waiting for your help

April 1, 2021 at 9:59 pm #8451741

Stefano

I also need to know how to fix the language switch in menu because give error if i change language from this url hidden link

April 2, 2021 at 5:37 pm #8456249

Stefano

I have this also

Notice: WP_Scripts::localize ha sido llamada de forma incorrecta. El parámetro $l10n debe ser un array. Para pasar datos arbitrarios a los scripts, usa en su lugar la función wp_add_inline_script(). Por favor, visita Depuración en WordPress para más información. (Este mensaje fue añadido en la versión 5.7.0). in D:\home\site\wwwroot\wp-includes\functions.php on line 5313

and this
Could not load content for hidden link: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

April 3, 2021 at 11:27 am #8459521

Stefano

I have also the problem that i touch something in the Troubleshooting and Now i have the message "WPML String Translation uses .mo files instead of database calls. WPML needs to generate these .mo files in order for translations to appear on the front-end." I did not apply but i would revert such situation. thanks

April 3, 2021 at 12:03 pm #8459675

Stefano

Really I can't find useful documentation about many options in the plugin.
just an example, I can't find a Documentation with some racional information about:
What is "Automatically load the theme's .mo file using 'load_textdomain'"?
What is "Show custom MO Files Pre-generation dialog box"?
What is 'view in page' functionality? how it works?

There are many options and no documentation. The forum has some information but is chaotic.

April 3, 2021 at 12:16 pm #8459693

Stefano

I want to know how to preserve the string translation I did

April 6, 2021 at 12:31 pm #8473441

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I’ll be glad to help you today.

1) We are sorry for the late reply. Regarding the issue of the language switcher, you mentioned here. (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/buddypress-group-email-notifications-are-sent-in-the-current-front-end-language/#post-8451741)

I've tried to switch the language to all of your languages, and the pages opened correctly.

2) Regarding the troubleshooting issue you mentioned here. (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/buddypress-group-email-notifications-are-sent-in-the-current-front-end-language/#post-8459521)

You don't need to do anything to revert this action because you didn't click on the button.

3) Regarding the questions mentioned here. (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/buddypress-group-email-notifications-are-sent-in-the-current-front-end-language/#post-8459675)

1- Automatically load the theme's .mo file using 'load_textdomain'
This option in WPML-> Theme and plugin localization helps WPML-> String Translation find the strings' textdomains to map the translation correctly.
Kindly check this page to know more about textdomains. (https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/load_theme_textdomain/)

2- Show custom MO Files Pre-generation dialog box
This option in the WPML-> Support-> Troubleshooting page allows you to generate new .mo files of your translated strings to let you edit them or import them. At the same time, the String Translation will use those files to retrieve the strings' translation.

3- 'view in page' functionality
When you enable the "Track where strings appear on the site" feature in WPML-> String Translation, you would see "view in page" beside the string when you click on it. It will take you to the source of the string on the front end.
Kindly check this guide to know more about "Track where strings appear on the site"(https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/#track-where-strings-appear-on-the-site)

4) Regarding your question here. (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/buddypress-group-email-notifications-are-sent-in-the-current-front-end-language/#post-8459693)

Your strings are saved in the database along with its translation.

5) Finally, regarding the BuddyPress group's main issue, email notifications are sent in the current front-end language. Could you please login into this sandbox and replicate the issue on it. (hidden link)

Kindly install BuddyPress and replicate the issue to help me understand it and escalate it to our compatibility team.

Thanks for your patience and understanding

Kind regards,
Osama

April 7, 2021 at 2:15 pm #8483507

Stefano

Thank a lot Osama!

I anwr point by point:

1) Ok I solved by giving "Translatable - only show translated items" in preference (was not obvious that this was the problem).

2) I can't use string translation because appear this message and i can't do nothing. I did not apply yet but can't do nothing, I don't want performance issues! <<<<<<<<<<

3) thanks for the explanations, even if for me remain too obscure, but it is due my ignorance about wordpress code.

4) Ok, so if I update translations from WordPress (not from string translation) i will not lose any translation i already did.

5). I'll do next days, I will inform you.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 7, 2021 at 2:38 pm #8483799

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Regarding point (2), I might need to check your dashboard, or you could send me screenshots of what you see.

I'm not sure if I understand correctly point (4). How could you update the translations from WordPress? Do you mean to update a post/page using a page builder or WordPress editor?
If the answer is yes, that won't affect the string translation because post/page translations are saved in the icl_translations table while String Translations are saved in icl_strings / icl_string_translation table.

Finally, take your time to replicate the issue. Kindly let me know when you finish the process.

Thanks,
Osama

April 7, 2021 at 9:09 pm #8486205

Stefano

2) see image uploaded

4) I mean "Theme and Plugins compatibility with WPML" from WordPress dashboard or I don't remeber if there are other way to update translation of themes and plugins (i can't see WPLM for problem 2)

problemwpml.jpg
April 7, 2021 at 9:14 pm #8486239

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the update and the screenshot. Could you please take a full backup of your site and click on the button to check if the translations are shown correctly on the front end?

I'd suggest doing that in a staging site if it's possible. Please let me know if there is anything wrong after generating the .mo files.

Thanks,
Osama

April 8, 2021 at 4:31 pm #8495251

Stefano

But i read that if I click I will stop using DB ans WPML will work from files, that may give performance issues

April 8, 2021 at 4:49 pm #8495389

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Could you please check that you are using the latest version of String Translation (3.1.8)?

If no, please update WPML plugins first. If yes, Kindly Click on the button after taking a full backup.

String Translation uses the .mo file since WPML CMS 4.3. Kindly check this page.(https://wpml.org/changelog/2019/10/wpml-4-3-with-revamped-string-translation/)

Thanks,
Osama

The topic ‘[Closed] BuddyPress group email notifications are sent in the current front-end language’ is closed to new replies.