Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 3 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
February 7, 2017 at 3:09 pm #1201923

Olivier

I am trying to: have buddypress group translated into each languages

URL of (my) website where problem appears:
hidden link

I expected to see:
in each languages only groups for this language (or translated for this language)

Instead, I got:
Same groups in all languages

On the home page you can see the group widget with all groups not depending of the selected language
And no possibility in the backend to set the language for groups...

How can we do that?
Best regards
OB

February 8, 2017 at 7:44 am #1202506

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hello, OB.

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum.

1. Do you use the latest versions of WordPress, WPML, BuddyPress and BuddyPress Multilingual?
2. Could you attach some screenshots of the problem, please?
Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.
3. Could you please share your Debug information with me?
You can read detailed explanation about it here.
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support
Issues like you are experiencing are usually coming from a theme or a plugin.
The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured and will help me understand the source of the problem.

Please, could you provide me the additional info so I can better help you?

Thanks,
Itamar.

February 8, 2017 at 8:26 am #1202549

Olivier

1)Yes all the last version of all features and plugin
3) If you go in the "groups" section of the admin panel you can create group, but no possibility to choose the language or to translate it into another language.
And when you are on any page or widget listing groups, no possibility to list only groups that are dedicated for a specific language

Hope you understand better my need
Olivier Bourgeois

February 8, 2017 at 1:08 pm #1202967

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Thanks, Olivier, for the extra information.

I've tried to achieve that myself on my local server with a clean install of WP, WPML, BuddyPress and BPML and I couldn't.
I did not find any way to translate the groups the way you would like to translate them.
Then I had a talk about it with our third tier supporter and compatibility developer.
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but they have confirmed that currently what you are asking to achieve is not possible.
You can see a reference to this also in the following link to a ticket with a similar issue.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translate-buddypress-groups/

Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Buddypress group translation’ is closed to new replies.