This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Jussi 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
April 22, 2019 at 11:46 am #3655571

Jussi

This is a bug report of ACFML plugin version 1.2. How I found it:

1) Everything on my site worked previously well. No problems.
2) I updated all WPML plugins, as I see they had updates.

Several errors / bugs can now be seen after updating all WPML plugins - steps below:

a) I open up ACF options page in WordPress backend. Default language Finnish is shown and works fine there.

b) I used the WordPress top bar menu to change language from Finnish to english, german and russian. All these other languages shows up with Finnish language contents i.e. previously working translations are missing for all of those languages.

c) ACF Options pages contents in the frontend are only showing up in the default language (Finnish in my case) in every language.

d) So then I tried to edit for example english contents back to english and update the ACF option page when I have english as my language --> that edit goes to all languages in the front end. I.e. it is not anymore updating only english, but instead ALL languages. Same happens, what ever language I try to update --> it always saves the changes to all languages.

What I did now for temporary fix:

--> I revert back to previous versions of all WPML plugins to track which plugin causes the error.

--> After reverting back, I was happy to see that my original translations were still saved and available for all languages (Finnish, English, German, Russian). This is weird, because I did not revert from database backup, instead I just installed again the older versions of those WPML plugins.

--> After reverting back I started to install plugins one-by-one to see which one of the WPML plugins was causing this problem. I was able to: install all the latest main WPML plugins to latest version (string translation, media management, translation management and multilingual CMS), but not the version 1.2. of ACFML plugin.

--> So I think that the bug/error is somewhere in the Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual WPML plugin version 1.2. After reverting that plugin back to version 1.1 (and still using the latest version of rest of the WPML plugins) both my backend and my front end works as they used to, showing proper translations both in backend and in front end and I also tried to save ACF option pages contents and it was now working fine.

Can you please pass this information to developers to check what causes the issue with version 1.2. of ACFML plugin and make a fix for it.

Wordpress is latest version 5.1.1 and PHP 7.2. with 512mb of memory.

If you need further help or information, please ask.

April 22, 2019 at 6:56 pm #3657949

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

These bugs are solved for you when you have downgraded the Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual to 1.1 version from 1.2, am I right?

I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 25, 2019 at 2:12 pm #3683203

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the login information. It requires further checking. So Please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 26, 2019 at 11:39 am #3690421

Nohemi

I confirm the bug, i have exactly the same problem. Revert to ACFML version 1.1 solves the problem for the moment.

April 26, 2019 at 1:24 pm #3690963

Jussi

Bigul, feel free to make the duplicator copy and use it in your local dev server. Just please handle the data with care and delete it when you don't need it anymore.

April 26, 2019 at 5:57 pm #3692713

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your permission. I made a Duplicator copy of the site now. Will debug it further and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 29, 2019 at 8:19 am #3700975

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Sorry for the delay happened because of the weekend. I have checked about this with our developers. For your kind updates, this is happening because of the feature change in ACF Multilingual plugin.

From ACF Multilingual 1.2 onwards we can only translate ACF Options via WPML>>String Translation. So please visit WPML>>String Translation panel to translate it. Option strings will be listed under *ACF Option* string domain.

Please note, now *ACF Option* strings are registered in English on your site. But we change the language of the string domain, by clicking *Languages of domains* link. Please try it after a site backup.

Please check the attached images for more details and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 1, 2019 at 10:24 am #3717533

vincentM-12

I confirm the bug too.
Using ACFML version 1.1 solves the problem.

"From ACF Multilingual 1.2 onwards we can only translate ACF Options via WPML>>String Translation"

Do you mean that this is the new way to translate ACF Options data for now ?
Or is it a bug that will be fixed ?

May 3, 2019 at 3:57 pm #3736459

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

For your kind updates, it is not a bug. But this is the new way of translating ACF Options data.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 6, 2019 at 12:34 pm #3748343

Jussi

Amir from WPML has released a blog post regarding this issue:
https://wpml.org/2019/05/recent-and-upcoming-changes-in-how-to-translate-acf-options-pages/

It looks like in the version 1.3. of ACFML this will be reverted back to how it was in version 1.1 and older. I'm very happy for it, because using string translation (which was proposed solution for version 1.2.) is hard and also it does not cover all the cases of what you can do with the ACF.

Hopefully in the future, you will test a bit further these types of changes because this wasted quite some time and time is money! I'm still happy for the supports works and happy that you are going to revert it back to how it was.