Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Konrad Karpieszuk 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Konrad Karpieszuk.

Author Posts
October 23, 2018 at 7:06 am #2841142

sylvainC-8

Hi !
We are experiencing the ACFML 0.9 plugin on one of our test website.

It seems to work good. All child elements of a repeater field are well checked with the parent preferences applied.

Unfortunately we found an issue... We used "flexible content" inside a repeater field (we want to build a small "builder")... It seems that these fields are not concerned by the parent repeater field value checked... all flexible content are well created but the content is not "copyed" (that what we want to do)...

Is it posssible to fixe this ?

Sincerely
Boris

October 23, 2018 at 7:48 am #2841231

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hello, I am Konrad, the author of ACFML

Could you provide detailed steps to replicate the issue on clean wp installation? Let's assume we have WPML with two languages configured and clean ACF (pro?) with no field group crated yet. Now, please tell me - step by step - what to create/do to see the issue. 🙂

October 23, 2018 at 8:17 am #2841379

sylvainC-8

Hi Konrad !
Of course I will try to explain you.
We are on a clean wordpress with the last plugins version (acf pro and wpml).
We have created an acf group called "builder". Inside there is a repeater field called "sections". Inside this repeater there are 3 fields :
- 1 text field called "titre_de_section"
- 1 select field called "couleur_du_fond"
- 1 flexible content called "sections__element" with 10 diffrents blocs (image left/text right, image right/text left, single texte, etc...)

Here is the .json file of the group : <a href="hidden link" target="_blank">Link</a>

October 25, 2018 at 6:43 am #2848797

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Hello, one additional question: what is your default language? English or any other?

I am asking because I see your field's names seems to be in French. It is a bit important what default language is while I will be replicating the issue.

btw, very good description of steps to replicate 🙂

October 25, 2018 at 7:59 am #2848914

sylvainC-8

Hello Konrad,
The default language on this webiste is French. I hope that you could replicate this.

I am looking forward to hearing from you 🙂

October 25, 2018 at 8:41 am #2849045

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

what if you rename sections__element to sectionselement (name with underscores)?

October 25, 2018 at 12:08 pm #2849667

sylvainC-8

well I tried but I still have the same issue.
Elements of the flexible content are well created but there is no content inside even if I checked "copy once" for the parent "sectionselement".

October 26, 2018 at 7:14 am #2852118

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Hello

I tried to replicate this issue on clean installation but it looks like it is working fine. Please check this screencast:

hidden link

As you can see all fields seems to be copied. Granted, I did it a bit simplified with not every field the same as you. Just flexible field with two blocks inside of repeater field.

Do you see anything what am I missing and could be crucial for replication?

Could you prepare similar screencast presenting your case?

Additionally, please tell me if you Field Groups - as post type - are set to be translatable or not (wpml > settings > post types) and if you set to be translatable, do youy have it actually translated?

October 26, 2018 at 10:45 am #2852812

sylvainC-8

Hello Konrad,
Thank you for your help !
Ok so I look on your screenshot and the main difference that I can see, is that you check manually all the acf flexible content elements in the original page before to duplicate the post.
What I've done, is to check only the parent repeater field in page "wpml > setting > custom field translating". I thought that the new version of acfml plugin did this... I thought that if I checked the parent repeater to "copy" (inside the setting page of wpml) automatically all his childs will be assign with the sames values... I don't understand why I have to check manually in the original page, the acf fields that should be translated 🙂

I hope you can understand what I mean ^^

October 30, 2018 at 8:29 am #2860792

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

ah, obviously I was not testing the correct thing 🙂 Now it is clear.

Auto-setting translation preferences works only for first level repeater and its direct descendants, so this is why it is not set automatically for nested flexible fields (and it will not work if you have repeater inside repeater)

But I agree this should be supported. I created for this the ticket in our bug tracking system and I will fix this. When this is done, I will update this ticket 🙂

November 8, 2018 at 4:04 pm #2890054

sylvainC-8

Hi Konrad !
Sorry for the delay but I was a bit busy on other things... Therefor I'm happy to read you 🙂 Thank you for your help, I'm waiting your answer about this !
Boris

November 9, 2018 at 8:23 am #2892211

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Don't worry about late reply 🙂 For time being I don't have any update. It is in bug queue and probably will be fixed in 0.9 release