This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Bug with Translations Management & WP 4.4.2 – can't render dashboard

Solution:

Please update WordPress and WPML to their latest version to resolve this issue.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 25, 2018 at 9:50 am #2763293

jamesR-23

Hello,

We couldn't get the dashboard working for WPML Translations Management. It was ending early and displaying no content.

We are running WP 4.4.2
WPML TM Versions tested: 2.6.6, 2.6.7
PHP Versions tested: 5.4.16, 5.6.3

The error we were getting in the logs:

AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Catchable fatal error: Argument 6 passed to WPML_TM_Dashboard_Display_Filter::__construct() must be of the type array, object given, called in /.../wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/menu/wpml-tm-menus-management.php on line 988 and defined in /.../wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/menu/dashboard/class-wpml-tm-dashboard-display-filter.php on line 26\n', referer: hidden link.../wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpml-translation-management%2Fmenu%2Fmain.php&sm=translators

Further investigation showed that the 6th argument was returning a WP_ERROR for invalid_taxonomy. Further investigation led us to line 13 of /.../wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/translation-priorities/class-wpml-tm-translation-priorities.php which does not use the correct function definition. It uses WP

get_terms($params)

, not

get_terms($taxonomies, $params)

To resolve, we changed

public function get_values() {
	return get_terms( array(
		'taxonomy'   => self::TAXONOMY,
		'hide_empty' => false
	) );
}

to

public function get_values() {
	return get_terms(self::TAXONOMY, array(
		'hide_empty' => false
	) );
}

Kind regards,
James

September 26, 2018 at 9:11 am #2766615

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hello, James.

We always recommend updating WPML and its add-ons to their latest versions. Moreover, it is also very recommended to update WordPress itself to its latest version (currently 4.9.8).
Please update WPML and WordPress to the latest versions and check if the error still shows when everything is updated?

Also, if you will need further assistance from me, I would like to ask you to attach your debug info.
Could you please share your Debug information with me?
You can read about it here.
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support

Thanks,
Itamar.

October 1, 2018 at 5:29 pm #2778991

jamesR-23

Hi Itamar,

I first tried to reply to this, but then the session timed out and I lost all content. Anyway...

Technically this should still be classed as a bug because your website says it supports WP 3.9+. However, after finding more issues relating to incompatibility with WP 4.4.2, we took the plunge and upgraded to WP 4.9. So now this part works and the other bugs exhibited on 4.4.2 are resolved. It took a bit of work to make sure the site still worked in 4.9 due to code written by the original developers, but at least it is working.

Thanks for your support. Understood re debug info, thanks.

Thanks,
James

October 3, 2018 at 4:32 pm #2785255

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi, James.

Great, I'm glad that it is solved now!
Good luck with your web projects 🙂

Itamar.