If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
August 2, 2019 at 9:39 am #4328599

Pieter

The virtual duplication of content (as described here: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/) is a great improvement from before, but I have just discovered that the

wp_list_pages()

function does not work, which is a bit of a pain I must say.

In the theme there is a subnav that is showing the children of a page:

$practice_parent = apply_filters( 'wpml_object_id', 43, 'page', true );
$args = array( 'child_of' => $practice_parent );
wp_list_pages( $args );

This works on the default language, but it does not work on any of the secondary languages.

Of course the alternative route is to replace

wp_list_pages()

with a navigation menu, but I would like to report this as a bug.

August 2, 2019 at 10:22 am #4328897

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for all the details.

I can replicate the issue on a fresh install. Being so I have escalated this issue to our 2nd tier supporters.

Our 2nd tier supporter will take a look at this issue. Once they provide any feedback, I will get back to you with that feedback here.

Thank you.

August 2, 2019 at 10:28 am #4328911

Pieter

Thanks for confirming and escalating this to 2nd tier support. Quite strange though that this has not been tested before adding this "feature" though, it's not that wp_list_pages() is something new...

August 2, 2019 at 11:37 am #4329599

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Yes, it's strange. I will get back to you as soon as I will have further feedback.

Thanks