This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by nicolaP-13 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
December 16, 2017 at 3:10 pm #1459546

antonioS-32

Hello,

I'm working on the compatibility of my theme with WPML and, in order to do so, I need to generate my wpml-config.xml file.

My theme is based on the Advanced Custom Fields PRO plugin and uses different types of custom fields, for instance repeaters, groups and flexible custom fields.

For this kind of custom fields, I'm supposed to add the following code to the wpml-config.xml file:

<custom-field action="translate">content_blocks_0_image</custom-field>
<custom-field action="translate">content_blocks_1_image</custom-field>

The problem is that this kind of structure depends on the number of fields that the end-user will eventually create.

This means that the idea of a config file becomes useless, since the end-user will have to customize the WPML options by himself to handle the actual number of custom fields that he's going to create.

It seems like this issue exists for other users too, as you can see here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/best-way-to-sync-acf-repeater-and-flexible-fields.

By the way, this thread didn't receive any answers.

Is it possible to fix the issue with something like a wildcard instead of the 0, 1 etc. numbers?

Thanks for helping,
Antonio

December 18, 2017 at 6:35 pm #1460688

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. There is an option for using wild cards but it's for sub-keys of admin texts (reference https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/).

You can likely add the fields programmatically with the wpml_config_array filter. For further assistance, I would suggest you join our Go Global Program (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/). Once you submit the form here, our compatibility team will get in touch and then you will be able to work directly with the developers to resolve any theme incompatibility issues.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

December 20, 2017 at 6:37 am #1462234

antonioS-32

Hello Lauren,

Thanks for your help. Do you have an article in which I can learn more about the wpml_config_array filter? Meanwhile, I will join the Go Global Program.

Best,
Antonio

December 20, 2017 at 5:51 pm #1462992

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thanks Antonio. I checked with our developers and unfortunately we don't currently have any documentation for this, but he said that since you're joining go global, they will explain and discuss everything from there. Sorry I couldn't be of more help here.

December 27, 2017 at 6:17 pm #1466859

antonioS-32

Thanks Lauren,

I've sent my application for the Go Global Program.

Best,
Antonio

February 12, 2019 at 10:34 am #3187842

montagmorgens

Hey Antonio, have you found a way to resolve this issue?

May 3, 2019 at 9:34 am #3732651

nicolaP-13

I'm interested too, any updates on wpml_config_array filter or any other solution to handle repeater fields with WPML?