Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Check all the checkbox in the Translation Editor

Solution:
- Backup your site
- Load the Translation editor page
- Go to Chrome->More Tools -> Developer Tools -> Console https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/console/
- Paste the following code and click enter

(function() {
    var aa = document.querySelectorAll("input[type=checkbox]");
    for (var i = 0; i < aa.length; i++){
        aa[i].checked = true;
    }
})()

- Now save the post.

0% of people find this useful.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Thomas 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
August 9, 2018 at 10:05 pm #2631130

Johnny

I am trying to: Display a translated Gravity Form

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: a Translated form

Instead, I got: a non-translated form

It doesn't seem a translated gravity form will display the translated language unless the translation is set to complete.

I understand how to do this, but the form I'm working with has over 100+ fields and I do not want to manually check the "Translation complete" box for every entry.

Please let me know how to do this in bulk, or if there's some other way to mark the translation as complete.

Thanks!

August 10, 2018 at 4:23 am #2631921

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

Currently, there is not a way to automatically check all those checkboxes, you have to manually check those. We have a feature request for this feature and this feature will probably get added in the upcoming releases.

However, there is a custom code that I found to enable the whole checkbox in the page so you can give it a try since this is not tested I request you to keep a backup of your site first.

- Backup your site
- Load the Translation editor page
- Go to Chrome->More Tools -> Developer Tools -> Console hidden link
- Paste the following code and click enter

(function() {
    var aa = document.querySelectorAll("input[type=checkbox]");
    for (var i = 0; i < aa.length; i++){
        aa[i].checked = true;
    }
})()

- Now save the post.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

August 10, 2018 at 4:30 pm #2634765

Johnny

So funny you brought up the JavaScript solution - I actually tried that before reaching out to you. It does check all the boxes, but when I hit save, it doesn't stick and the boxes remain unchecked.

See video: hidden link

Anything I can do in the database?

August 13, 2018 at 3:10 am #2638593

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

As I earlier mentioned there is a feature request already filled for this, and the solution is just provided without being tested.

Since the solution doesn't work, to make this work you will need custom programming work which is beyond the scope of our support.

At this point, I would suggest you consider contacting one of our certified partners from this link: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/

Before doing so please have a look also here:
http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/guidelines-for-people-looking-for-consulting-help/

You will get the custom assistance you need to get on with your project.

Further, I somehow think that due to a large number of fields it's not saving properly, so you can check on a new gravity form with fewer fields or increase your max_input_vars to 6000 and see if that helps too.

Thanks

August 21, 2019 at 12:08 pm #4431125

lok-chunS

I have the same question here as well. How can I remove the "translation is complete" checkbox?

November 23, 2019 at 10:56 am #5003641

Thomas

For anyone looking for a working answer. I found this workaround.

1) Use the javascript in console like explained above. It will mark all checkboxes but completion percentage will not change to 100, so don't save yet! (also the Hide completed toggle så you want to untoggle that again).

2) Uncheck and then recheck just one of the translation completed boxes and then the translation completion percentage will change to 100% and you can now save the translation