Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nilsD 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dat Hoang.

Author Posts
May 19, 2014 at 9:21 am #402742

nilsD

Apparently, duplicating multiple pages with translation management always uses the primary language as basis. Is there a way to bulk duplicate a different language? This would be extremely useful.

May 19, 2014 at 11:02 am #402852

Dat Hoang

Hello,

I think you can do it easily. In Translation Dashboard in WPML -> Translation Management, please choose the option "Show documents in" with the language you want, then click "Display" and choose options to duplicate.

Thank you.

May 19, 2014 at 12:51 pm #402975

nilsD

What I meant ist, that if I select in "Translation Dashboard in WPML" -> "Translation Management" -> "Translation Options" -> "Duplicate content" for lets say dutch and english, and my primary language is german, the duplicates will be duplicates of the german page. But If I want the dutch and english pages to be duplicates of – lets say the french page, I don't see any way of achieving this. (only manually, by going from page to page...)

May 20, 2014 at 4:54 am #403327

Dat Hoang

Hello,

Please let me clear your need first.
You mean you have 4 languages: German (default), English, Dutch and French.
The original post: yoursite.com/fr/the-original-french.
You want to duplicate this French post to English one and Dutch one?

If so, you can duplicate as our steps in the last reply:
+ Go to WPML -> Translation Management
+ Choose the option "Show documents in" with "French"
+ Scroll down to the section "Translation options" . In English and Dutch rows, choose "Duplicate content"
+ Click button "Send documents"

That's all. Are you clear? Please let me know if I misunderstand you.

Cheers,
Dat

May 20, 2014 at 6:59 am #403378

nilsD

Okay that did the trick, thank you. 🙂