This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
August 23, 2019 at 5:17 pm #4449095

osamaS-3

I am trying to:

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: Hello, I have purchased both WCFM & WPML in order to create a multi-vendor store, with the focus on bulk import/upload the products. However, when a vendor bulk uploads any product in English, for example, and then bulk upload it in Arabic, there is no a connector that makes the system undertand that they are the same products not two seperate products.

When the vendor uploads the products in both languages, they do not relate to each other. No translation occurs at all. The system sees that there are a product in English & another product (Not the same) in Arabic. Albeit, they are one.

Regards

Instead, I got:

August 24, 2019 at 8:39 am #4451113

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

It's not really clear how you are importing products.

The only supported way to import content to WPML is using WP All Import. I can see you have WPML All Import, but I don't see the main plugin. Moreover, to import WooCommerce products you need the Pro version with the add-on (this is a limitation made by WP All Import, not by us).

So it's not clear what are you doing here. Could you please explain your process?

August 24, 2019 at 9:51 am #4451335

osamaS-3

Hi Laura,

As I mentioned I started using WCFM multi-vendor plugin, that uses WPML as the only supported plugin for multi-language stores. They provide import & export function to vendors, by which any vendor can upload in bulk. Before, subscribing in both plugins, WCFM & WPML, I asked WCFM guys a very direct question

"All I need to have for mulitlangual marketplace which supports the bulk upload for vendors, 1) WCFM Ultimate. 2) WPML, right? or do I need another plugin for bulk upload, such as All Import one or so? Because I found that I must have All import pro version for bulk uploading with WPML.".

And here is the answer, "Well, WPML and Ultimate will be good enough.

If you browse dashboard in English and upload then product will be created for English language.
Now, browse dashboard in Arabic and upload, then product will be created in Arabic language."

Now, I can import and export. However, there is no connection between the English & Arabic translation. I contacted them, they said that I should contact you for a solution. Also, All Import plugin only supports the bulk upload from admin panel not vendor's one.

Anyways, It may not be your issue. However, as long as you are the only supporter for WCFM as a mult-language plugin, there must be some sort of a deal in terms of integration. I do not want to get lost between both of you.

My store is built on bulk upload & Multi-language. Any problem with that and the both plugins cannot support me, my store cannot be launched. At that time, I must get a refund from both plugins.

So please help me solving this problem.

Regards,
Osama

August 25, 2019 at 8:50 am #4453631

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi Osama,

thanks for the explanation, the picture is much more clear now.

Before proceeding, I'd like to clear something: even if WC Lovers claim they're WPML compatible, we never tested their plugin. You won't find it in our compatibility directory: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/ and they never applied for our Go Global program.
Therefore, it's possible that some specific features do not work, like importing in this case.

The problem is exactly how you say it: there is nothing telling WPML that the imported products are one the translation of the other. You might try to add a "connector" column link we do with WPML All Import, but I think it would still require some kind of coding to work.

The only workaround I can think of at this moment is to manually link the products between them, but I realize it's not very practical.

What I can suggest now is that you install WCFM in this clean installation: hidden link
and configure WPML as it on your site. I'll do some tests (if it's possible, please provide a file with products to import) and eventually escalate the ticket to our Compatibility team.

It's also likely we'll need to cooperate with WC Lovers to make this work, as it may require some changes in the code.

August 25, 2019 at 1:06 pm #4454091

osamaS-3

Hi Laura,

Thank for your help and understanding.

As you suggested, I have installed WCFM and activated the import function. However, I was wondering how I can send you a file with products?

Please let me know if you need anything else in order to solve this issue.

Regards,
Osama

August 26, 2019 at 8:07 am #4456615

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

you could upload the .csv files on Dropbox, Google Drive or some similar services and share the link with me. Only supporters (and you) can see them so no worries about privacy.

August 26, 2019 at 8:13 am #4456657

Laura
Supporter

Also, where I need to go to import products as a vendor?

August 26, 2019 at 10:14 am #4457511

osamaS-3

Hi Laura,

Please find attached the sample product

hidden link

For uploading as a vendor, you can click on the following link to upload directly. hidden link

Also, there is an attached file to see from where you can import after you click the link.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks for support

August 26, 2019 at 9:30 pm #4461569

Laura
Supporter

Hi Osama,

thanks for the files and the explanation. Actually, I couldn't follow the suggestion you got from WCFM team - if I change the language and upload the Arabic file it gets skipped because the SKU are the same. I suppose this can be overcome with some settings but still it's not what we want.

I escalated the issue to our compatibility team, I'll let you have news as soon as possible.

August 30, 2019 at 12:32 pm #4487221

osamaS-3

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the update.

Any news? I am stuck with my client and the website and have other projects depending on this issue.

Regards,
Osama

August 30, 2019 at 1:47 pm #4487543

Laura
Supporter

Hi Osama,

the compatibility team checked the website, and at the moment the only possible workaround would be:

- Import products in the default language
- Temporarily switch the default WPML language
- Import translations
- Switch default language back
- Connect products

But importing directly the translation can't be solved with some snippet. It's more a feature request for WCFM. If they apply through our Go Global program, we can help, but we can't solve this on our own.

August 30, 2019 at 2:28 pm #4487719

osamaS-3

Thanks.

But, can I import products with the same SKU?

Also, how I can connect the two products?

Regards,
Osama

August 30, 2019 at 3:21 pm #4488113

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

with this workaround you should be able to do so - but you need to try this.

As for how to link products, please check here: https://wpml.org/faq/how-to-link-already-translated-pages/

September 3, 2019 at 3:42 pm #4505945

osamaS-3

Hi Laura,

When I upload the Arabic products, it is showing question marks, as attached.

Any idea how I can overcome this.

Regards,
Osama

September 4, 2019 at 8:24 am #4509213

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

this might depend on how the importing file is created, maybe it's not using the right encoding.

However, since the import is managed by WooCommerce or WCFM, you should ask them for more details.