If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
August 23, 2019 at 11:19 am #4446333

fredericT-8

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have products in English a file, ready to be imported with all import and the appropriate plugins. I want these products to be imported in other languages as weel.

I understand that to do so, I need to produce the same file in the various languages with the same connector column.

I also understand that there is two ways of translating content in WPML. The first one is to duplicate the post (product) and the other one is to "independently translate" which does not "visibly" duplicate the product and allows for a fallback to the default language.

If at all possible, I would like to use the second option "independently translate" so my products are not duplicated.

Before I update all my products in our system, I would like to know if uploading products and translations using All Import will allow me to "independently translate" or will it duplicate all my products.

If all my products are going to be duplicated, is there another way to bulk "independently translate" my products so I don't have duplication?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

I read/watched the documentation I could find regarding WPML, WPML All Import plugin, All Import WooCommerce plugin but could not find the answer to this question.

I also read the forum but to no avail.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
N/A

What is the link to your site?
I specified it in the section above

August 23, 2019 at 12:13 pm #4446729

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

If at all possible, I would like to use the second option "independently translate" so my products are not duplicated.

But upon import, this is what should happen - these will be independent translations and not duplicates, given that everything here is followed up to the point:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

I think this answers this question of yours:

I would like to know if uploading products and translations using All Import will allow me to "independently translate" or will it duplicate all my products.

On a side note and ss for duplicates, I think this thread will also help you:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/bulk-translate-independently/#post-2432518

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 26, 2019 at 8:04 am #4456609

fredericT-8

Thanks for the quick answer.
I'll give it a try now and see if it all works fine.
Thanks

August 26, 2019 at 9:01 am #4456967

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Ok, let me know about the results!

Regards,
Bruno Kos