Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 5 voices.

Last updated by Radu 5 days, 12 hours ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
April 18, 2017 at 2:48 pm #1256195

FilippoZ1

I am trying to: translate bundle items with Woocommerce Multiligual. The bundle contains variable product and i want to chose just one variation to be in the bundle. so i use the "filter variation" option for each item in the bundle.

URL of (a) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: a translation of this item hidden link
without the possibility for customers to choose a variation

Instead, I got: this hidden link
where customers can choose wich variation for each item of the bundle.

Steps to duplicate the issue: setup some variable products, translate them, setup a bundle choosing a specific variation for the item in the bundle, and translate it with WCML.

I posted my issue here https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wc-multilingual-4-0-3-bundled-products-no-prices/page/3/#post-1256017 as follow up for Bundle compatibility, but they prefer me to add a new post, and here it is.

Thanks.

April 18, 2017 at 9:53 pm #1256518

Bruno

Thank you for contacting us.

Are you using the latest version of the "WooCommerce Product Bundles", 5.2.1?

Also, please, what is the version of WPML and WP are you using? I would like to know more about your installation. Can you please provide your WPML Debug information in the debug field below? http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you.

April 19, 2017 at 10:29 am #1256910

FilippoZ1

I'm not using latest version, because I did not upgraded WC to vers 3.0,
I'm waiting untill all plugins I have declare full compatibility with WC 3.0.

Right now I have
- Woocommerce: 2-6-14
- WooCommerce Product Bundles 5.1.4
- WPML 3.6.3
- MCML 4.1.2

I don't have any issue with my configuration, apart what I'm addressing with the opening of this ticket.

April 19, 2017 at 8:19 pm #1257503

Bruno

Hi Filippo,

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/ ) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

April 24, 2017 at 9:25 pm #1260749

Bruno

Hi,

Thank you. I noticed that you are using some outdated plugins, including the WooCommerce Product Bundles, WooCommerce and the WPML add-ons.

I've tested the "WooCommerce Product Bundles" plugin in my testing environment and it seems that the version you are using is not working correctly with the latest version of WooCommerce - as I updated the plugin in my test environment.

Please, on your staging area, could you upgrade the WooCommerce and the WooCommerce Product Bundles so that I can check with the latest versions if the problem persists?

* Please note that I saw in your previous post that you did not upgrade because some of your plugins are not compatible with the latest version, however, for me to test this better, ideally you should have these plugins updated at least in your staging area.

Thank you.

April 26, 2017 at 4:28 pm #1262556

FilippoZ1

Hello Bruno,
i did manage to upgrade everything on staging area.
I did not test the whole website, but I did test the traducion of a bundle, using the WCML interface.

Unfortunately I got the same result: variation filter is not used in translation, users may choose wichever variation thy want for each item in bundle, even if I filtered the out.

Please have a look, credentials are still valid.

Thanx

April 26, 2017 at 10:33 pm #1262769

Bruno

Hi Filippo,

Thank you. I downloaded the new version and I'm going to test it in my testing environment. This seems to be a cache problem.

Also, in a new installation, with just the basic plugins, I see that the variation always shows a dropdown, even with WPML disabled. Is there any option inside the "WooCommerce Products Bundles" plugin that disables the dropdown?

Thank you.

April 27, 2017 at 12:22 am #1262803

FilippoZ1

yes there is, it that one I speak about in the title of my thread.

there's a "filter variations" option for each bundled item.
You can pick one by one the variations you want to be available, for each product of the bundle.

Is exactly this the option that gets lost in translation!

April 27, 2017 at 7:55 pm #1263789

Bruno

Hi Filippo,

Thank you. What I was saying is that even in the original language, when the "WooCommerce Product Bundles" is installed in a new installation - even without WPML, the drop-down menu is displayed - and even with just one product base/attribute. So I asked if it has any extra settings to not display the drop down menu.

But, I've seen that in addition to the drop-down this does not seem to be syncing - at least not in the latest versions of these plugins. Even removing the bundled products on the original product does not synchronize with the secondary language.

I will contact 2nd tier support and soon I will contact you.

Thank you.

May 6, 2017 at 5:00 pm #1269870

FilippoZ1

Hello Bruno,
it's been a week or so, any news?
This is becoming a real problem 🙁

May 8, 2017 at 12:42 pm #1270708

Bruno

Hi Filippo,

Our team is already aware but as this is a compatibility issue, unfortunately we do not have a deadline when this is going to be fixed. Also, at the moment we also do not have a workaround.

Thank you.

May 8, 2017 at 12:51 pm #1270725

FilippoZ1

Thank you for replying Bruno,
I hope this will be fixed soon, Bundles is a quite standard WC plugin... We were planning using it on many sites, but this changes the panorama.

May 11, 2017 at 11:38 am #1273765

Angeloca

"filter variations" are still impossible to save. Just upgraded everything at latest versions.........

September 11, 2017 at 9:38 am #1367094

FilippoZ1

Latest version of WPML fixes this issue.
Form my point of view we can close this ticket.

September 11, 2017 at 11:14 am #1367208

FilippoZ1

Sorry, but I've been too optimistic.

there have been progresses, but i still can't maintain same variation filter on translated bundled products: they keep showing all variations available while in the original bundle product available variations are fixed.

Editing the translated bundle using standard WC interface i see that the "filter variation" checkbox is not checked (as it is in the original product), but if i check it variation seems to be already chosen.

So, it's the "filter variation" checkbox that is not translated.

This is what I mean, in frontend is easy to see:

1) original product (italian) hidden link
as you can see you cannot choose any variation from sub-products (bundled ones)

2) translated product (english) hidden link
as you can see here you can choose which variation for each bundled product.

Please, give a feedback, it's a very nasty issue.

The topic ‘[Closed] Bundle Translations lose the "filter variation" option on bundled items’ is closed to new replies.