This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 23 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ryanW-5 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 9, 2019 at 6:20 am #4167659

ryanW-5

I am trying to:
upgrade worpdress, enfold and wpml version to lastest

now my version is
Wordpress 4.9.10 / 5.2.2
ENFOLD 4.2.5 / 4.5.7
WPML 4.0.6 / 4.2.7.1.

I find that there is normal in WPML 3.8.3.

Step 1: Copy the first language to the second language, and the page should contains a button or a picture include a link, like hidden link
Step 2: Go to the second language page, open the button or picture, and view the link settings
hidden link
Step 3: The button link path of the page in the frontground is normal, and can also be connected to the page normally.
Step 4:
The link will wrong in background.
When you do not modify the link path, only modify other text or typesetting. After archiving, you will still see the link path displayed in the background is wrong, and the frontground link path is correct.

please help me, thank you.

July 9, 2019 at 10:28 am #4169675

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

May I ask you for the following approach?
- update everything up to the latest versions - theme, WPML and its add-ons, WordPress, possibly other plugins
- let me know what the issue is - images and URLs will be very helpful

It would make no sense to try to debug something on some of the very outdated versions of WPML - we need to focus on the latest versions only.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 10, 2019 at 6:57 am #4176379

ryanW-5

HI~

do you see the images

step1: hidden link
Step 2: hidden link

May I ask you for the following approach?
- update everything up to the latest versions - theme, WPML and its add-ons, WordPress, possibly other plugins
=> yes
wordpress 5.2.2
enfold 4.5.7
wpml 4.2.7.1
=> all other plugins is closed.

Can I get a private reply about the test URL?

July 10, 2019 at 7:49 am #4176999

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I have marked your next reply as private. I've also checked this images, but honestly I do not know what they represent - is this some plugin option, theme stuff or something else, I'm not sure what this is or or how it should work. Please provide as much as information as possible so that I can understand the issue better.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 11, 2019 at 7:56 am #4186929

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I have checked all the images - I assume this is the workflow, correct, and that the issue is with the following:

7. Link settings run away

- I've edited this page (this is translation)
- hidden link
- I changed the button link to go to "SHOULD LINK HERE" page
- the URL of this link is hidden link
- the URL of the translation is hidden link, and the Click Me seems to be working properly - it takes me to "SHOULD LINK HERE" page

So what should I be looking at in regards to the issue?

On a side note, I have reversed the language URL option, the current setting with the languages per domain did not work on this particular setup (see images), so all these URLs were giving us 404 error.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 11, 2019 at 11:13 am #4189051

ryanW-5

HI~

The wrong link option will happened only after duplication and before not modified to correct.

Can you check the new post=74, I create just now, and the link option display wrong.

July 11, 2019 at 2:26 pm #4190819

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

The wrong link option will happened only after duplication and before not modified to correct.

This would be expected behavior in fact - because duplicating does not mean translating - it means that it will duplicate/synchronize whatever value was in the original, while WPML will not search for either these page translations (if any), but would rather copy the original value. Once you choose to "translate independently", you should be able to modify these links as you wish.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 12, 2019 at 4:11 am #4195031

ryanW-5

HI~
The problem is not about translating.
The link is correct in the frontend, and it display wrong option in the backend.

July 12, 2019 at 9:20 am #4196939

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I think I finally got it :). So it is about this (even though I translated the page) - on the duplicate page, this page drop-down setting fallbacks to the first value?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 12, 2019 at 11:31 am #4198153

ryanW-5

Yes, but it only happened in background.

July 12, 2019 at 1:05 pm #4199135

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

This has been escalated to our Compatibility team and may take some debugging time, I'll get back to you as soon as I have any news or questions for you.

In the meantime, please check this video and let me know if I missed something:
hidden link

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 15, 2019 at 6:26 am #4207393

ryanW-5

Thank you very much, can you notify me when the new version appears?

As long as you can set the link components will have some errors, including images, ICON, and not limited to BUTTON.

Is the above helpful?

July 15, 2019 at 10:26 am #4209803

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I will be keeping this thread updated as soon I have any new information from our compatibility team. I do not know whether this will be related to either WPML or Enfold visual builder update - this will depend on what our compatibility team finds.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 29, 2019 at 9:20 am #4298087

ryanW-5

HI~ can you provide patch fix? thank you.

July 29, 2019 at 9:24 am #4298123

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I heard nothing from the compatibility team yet, so I have no patches or fixes to provide for you I'm afraid.

Regards,
Bruno Kos