We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by grahamH-3 1 year ago.

Author Posts
October 29, 2018 at 9:34 am #2857244

grahamH-3

I am trying to: Publish Korean and Spanish versions of my Homepage, with all buttons and links working, and sending the viewer to the correct translated page.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (Note: this is the Spanish version, translated from the English. Note that the buttons don't work – they do not send the viewer to the correct translated Spanish page, even though the correct URLs have been saved many times).

I expected to see: The saved links for the Spanish and Korean homepages should just "hold" their URLs and work every time. Instead, they hold for about 1 hour, and then "break" (or disappear and stop working).

Instead, I got: The original Homepage is in English. I have Korean and Spanish translated versions of this Homepage. But, the buttons (and links) on the Korean and Spanish versions of the Homepage are not holding their URLs. (The English version is fine). Here's what happens: I update the buttons and links on Korean and Spanish versions of the Homepage, and they are working fine for around 1 hour. Then, suddenly they all fail to work. It is like they are unable to "hold" the correct URLs for more than 1 hour. I have updated all buttons and links 3 times, and saved my work, but it happens each time. (Note that this is only happening on the Korean and Spanish versions of the "Homepage". Every other page, in all of the 3 languages, are working fine. What is wrong with the setting on my Homepage, that means the translated versions of the original cannot hold the URLs saved for their buttons and links?

October 29, 2018 at 10:36 pm #2859790

grahamH-3

I found the solution, and here it is in case it helps others:

What I discovered is that the Korean and Spanish Homepages were linked to the English menu structure, but had become decoupled / delinked from the Korean and Spanish menu structures when we made the English Homepage the "original." I have now re-linked Korean and Spanish Homepages with their respective menu structures, and added the URL links to the buttons etc again. It all seems to be working fine now.