This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: All-in-One Event Calendar by Time.ly - permalink issues Solution: - Find all the strings with "event" exact match and delete the strings starting with lower case - Make sure the translation of slug in WPML > Settings > Post type translation is empty - Now visit the event page you will see a new string with the event and translate this to the event in all languages

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by carolinev-8 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
September 23, 2019 at 6:02 am #4620465

carolinev-8

Tell us what you are trying to do? See individual event pages in Dutch

Is there any documentation that you are following? No, this is a special, and apparently unsolvable issue so far. I was talking with another support rep from WPML for months (Laura), but she closed the conversation before the issue was solved. I started another ticket with a new rep, but that also got closed before I responded due to my client not responding and giving me clearance to start this conversation again. I charge by the hour, so I had to be sure. I now have clearance, so we're trying this support route one more time.

Is there a similar example that we can see? hidden link - you can see this page in German and English, but not in Dutch, even though a translation exists. The issue might be with the slug, but we've tried everything.

What is the link to your site? hidden link

We have had an extensive discussion about this before, but my client would still like me to ask one more time. We'd also like to ask what are the known issues with using The Event Calendar (instead of All-in-One Timely) so we can consider using that plugin instead.

I have provided debug information before, but the debug file grew so big and eventually slowed the site down, so I deleted it. I can re-activate it if it's necessary.

September 24, 2019 at 7:02 am #4628403

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Laura and other colleagues did not close those tickets - tickets closed automatically after about 10 days without any activity in them. As for this issue, I can see that it has been escalated to our 2nd tier support.

I can see that they have been able to reproduce this issue from scratch and what they suggested the following (the discussion is quite a big):
- Find all the strings with "event" exact match and delete the strings starting with lower case
- Make sure the translation of slug in WPML > Settings > Post type translation is empty
- Now visit the event page you will see a new string with the event and translate this to the event in all languages

Let us know if you can allow us direct access to this website (after making a full backup of course), because our 2nd tier is interested in checking this on your site as well, since the issue seems to be quite complex itself.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

September 25, 2019 at 5:34 am #4635739

carolinev-8

Hi Bruno,

Thank you for your response - much appreciated! I have time to try this new solution on Wednesday PDT. I have made a backup before trying it, and if it works, I'll make another backup afterwards.

When would you like access to the site and how should I provide it to you?

Thank you again for your help!

September 25, 2019 at 6:40 am #4636013

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

You can provide it in the next private reply I set for you. In any case, try the above first and if unsure how to proceed or if it doesn't work, let me know and I will ask our supporter who was in charge of this case while it was escalated.

You can provide the access whenever it fits your schedule :).

Regards,
Bruno Kos

September 26, 2019 at 6:37 am #4643735

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Ok, I sent all this information and credentials to our 2nd tier, hopefully they will find a solution for this. They'll be checking your site directly.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

September 26, 2019 at 12:04 pm #4646571

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Can you check now? It all seems to be working now:

German: hidden link

Dutch: hidden link

English: hidden link

It seems like that you were missing this step: "Now visit the event page you will see a new string with the event and translate this to the event in all languages".

Regards,
Bruno Kos

September 26, 2019 at 8:10 pm #4650127

carolinev-8

My issue is resolved now. Thank you so much, my client will be very pleased that it's fixed! Thank you to Laura and the rest of the team that helped, every step along the way was helpful 🙂