Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by yasuanQ 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
October 29, 2019 at 7:56 am #4844389

yasuanQ

Hello,

about the advanced translation editor: does it means that I have it before but know I have to pay an extra to have it?

About the translations, yes, the two words are ok, but I'm worried about the content in this calendar, I mean, the information in the cells about the events, nothing appears in english although I have translated them πŸ™ I don't understand why does it happens,

thank you

October 30, 2019 at 5:50 pm #4858559

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Regarding the unstranslated events I could confirm the same issue at my local installation, I forwarded it to our second level support and I will update you here as soon as I have some more details regarding it.

As regarding the Advanced Translation Editor as said before you don't need to pay for it if you don't want to use its paid features such as words quota, automatic translation and so on, if you don't to use it multiples times then you can make a subscription and cancel it right after your translation needs. Please, let me know if you need any additional assitance and clarifications regarding it. Have a nice day.

October 31, 2019 at 6:18 pm #4866817

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

Thank you for your continued patience. I reproduced the untranslated events issues in a clean sandbox install which confirms the 'Calendarize it' plugin is not compatibile with WPML and indeed this is the reason for such issues.

Our compatibility team will investigate it further and will try to find a workaround for that, in this case I will update you here as soon as I have some more details from them. Thank you for your understanding, have a nice day.

November 5, 2019 at 3:11 pm #4890549

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

Thank you for your patience while waited for a solution. I got some more details from our compatibility team and a working workaround for that, please, try the following:

1 - Change to the 'Different languages in directories' option from your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Languages settings and resave your permalinks from your WordPress Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks settings.

2 - Resave your translated events posts and access your translanted events calendar page again.

If you don't want yo change your current url format to the 'Different languages in directories' option, you can achieve it editing some code, for that, please try the following:

3 - In your 'wp-content/plugins/calendarize-it/includes/' directory find the file 'class.shortcode_calendarize.calendarize.php' and find the following code around the lines 36-44:

if( defined( 'ICL_SITEPRESS_VERSION' ) ){
				global $sitepress_settings;
				if( 3 == intval( $sitepress_settings['language_negotiation_type']) ){
					$default_events_source = $this->addURLParameter( $default_events_source, 'rhc_action', 'get_calendar_events');	
				}else{
					$replacement = apply_filters( 'wpml_home_url', get_option( 'home' ) );
					$default_events_source = str_replace( site_url('/'), $replacement, $default_events_source );				
				}
			}

4 - Then, change the line 39 to:

$default_events_source = $default_events_source . '&lang=' . apply_filters( 'wpml_current_language', NULL );

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/backupwordpress/ plugin for these backup needs.

5 - Again, if you don't see the translated events in your translated calendar page resave your events posts and reload your translated calendar page.

NOTE: You should keep your changes saved somewhere in case of theme updates.

Please, let me know if it helps, have a nice day.

November 20, 2019 at 6:05 pm #4983193

yasuanQ

Hello,
sorry, no I think I'm going crazy with that πŸ™
The first option "Different languages in directories" was already the one I had selected, so I try with the second option, add the code. I've been translating new events, and some times are shown in english in both pages (spanish and english page of the calendar) and other times the calendar page is shown in spanish. I don't understand anything.
The developers of the plugin do confirm it is compatible, but in fact, it doesn't works. So I don't know what to do πŸ™

thank you again,

November 21, 2019 at 10:12 am #4986631

yasuanQ

Hello,
now the calendar is only shown in english πŸ™

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.