This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
March 12, 2018 at 11:31 am #1543409

sylvainG-5

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to change theme from Bridge to Listify theme. Many pages with language translation., how to export and import to now theme?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

March 13, 2018 at 10:03 pm #1545327

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi, Sylvain.

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum.

There is no need to export and import any content (original and translated) when you want to change themes. You simply do it from the themes' section Appearance -> Themes.
You will probably have to make some adjustment to your new theme but this is true for the default language and not only for the translations.

Now, if I didn't understand you correctly and what you have meant is that you need to move your content from one site/server to another then you can use WordPress built-in import/export options.
Or you can use WP All Export and WP All Import plugins together with WPML All Import bridge plugin. The later is an advanced importing procedure.
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

I hope that this information is helpful to you.

Best Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] can i export/import wpml translations in order to move to another WP Theme?’ is closed to new replies.