Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bill Lafferty 5 months ago.

Author Posts
September 22, 2020 at 3:29 pm #7071341

Bill Lafferty

Tell us what you are trying to do?
- We pseudo-translated a webpage into Vietnamese and uploaded it via our connector.
- Upload was successful
- Currently Vietnamese is set to "hidden" because we are testing
- We cannot preview the page outside of the editor to verify that all the text blocks and page elements were captured.

Web chat
- Your team kindly recommended to make the page 'Private.'
- I did, but am still unable to see a preview.

How can I see the page to confirm?

Thanks!
Bill

September 23, 2020 at 1:06 pm #7080553

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Before your ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues, please allow me to walk you through some initial debugging steps. This will help speed up the support process.

Maybe all you need is to activate this option for the user you are using to access dashboard:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/hiding-languages-on-the-front-end/#sending-content-to-translation-for-languages-that-are-hidden

Go to the Users -> All Users page and click Edit next to a user that you want to see hidden languages. On Edit user page find the WPML language settings section, enable Display hidden languages option and click Update User button.

It is usually disabled.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

September 23, 2020 at 2:18 pm #7081391

Bill Lafferty

Thank you, Bruno. All good.