This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
September 14, 2018 at 2:20 pm #2735680

josephF-4

We recently finished translations and now want to make major changes to just the english version. Is there a way to create a new page to be displayed in english and then display the translated version of the old page when on a different language? My worry is that we will forget to click the minor edit button and will lose our translated content.

September 16, 2018 at 8:58 am #2738643

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

if i understand correctly you have a site with 2 languages and you have added your translations already.

is English the default language or secondary ?

For example if you have English and Spanish and now you want to change the English content you will need to make sure that you are translating independently.

access your page's edit page and then use the language switcher in the top header to switch to the secondary language ,do you see the option to "translate independently ? "

The topic ‘[Closed] Can I make the english version display a different page’ is closed to new replies.