This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by andrewB-17 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
October 6, 2018 at 3:14 am #2792375

andrewB-17

Hi, On this bilingual English/Japanese site using WPML with Woocommerce installed:
tokyopicnics.com
I’ve been trying to change 4 parts on the Woocommerce Checkout page (hidden link):
Billing Details, Additional information, PRODUCT, QUANTITY.
from English to English using Locotranslate.

2 of them I could translate but 2 of them wouldn’t. When I refreshed the page the translation for those two would appear for a second then revert back to original wording. I tried with similar Locotranslate software but didn’t work so returned to Locotranslate and now can’t translate any of them and once again when refresh the new wording appears for a second only.

I'm thinking there might be a conflict between WPML and Locotranslate.

Is it possible to translate those 4 parts from site's main language (English) to English using WPML?

Thanks!

October 8, 2018 at 8:23 pm #2797259

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @andrewb-17, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Unfortunately, WPML needs to disable Loco Translate's functionality in order to function normally.

There is a workaround you can try to change a hardcoded string without changing it in the theme's actual code.

To do this, please go to WPML >Languages > Add new language -> and add a random language. Then scroll down to Hide languages and hide this new language.

Now go to WPML > String Translation, Select your string then click on Change language of selected string. Select the new created language.

Now, if you click on translations will have an option to "translate" it on the original language of the theme.

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego

October 11, 2018 at 8:32 am #2807186

andrewB-17

Hi Diego, I finally managed it with code in functions.php in Child theme but your answer will certainly be useful in the future. Thanks!