This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rajeeb Banstola 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
May 30, 2019 at 9:13 pm #3926255

nicolasL-40

When I want to access translation services, I have the following message:
"WPML is unable to load the list of translation services, this may be due to a connection problem, please wait a moment and then reload the page."

If the problem persists, please contact WPML support.
The logs are as follows:
"05/30/2019 09:05:17 pm - error - Cannot communicate with the remote service | url: `hidden link` method: `GET` param: `{"method":"GET","sslverify":true,"timeout":60,"headers":"Content-type: application\/json"}` response: `{"headers":[],"body":"<!DOCTYPE html>\n<html>\n<head>\n <title>We're sorry, but something went wrong (500)<\/title>\n <style type=\"text\/css\">\n body { background-color: #fff; color: #666; text-align: center; font-family: arial, sans-serif; }\n div.dialog {\n width: 25em;\n padding: 0 4em;\n margin: 4em auto 0 auto;\n border: 1px solid #ccc;\n border-right-color: #999;\n border-bottom-color: #999;\n }\n h1 { font-size: 100%; color: #f00; line-height: 1.5em; }\n <\/style>\n<\/head>\n\n<body>\n <!-- This file lives in public\/500.html -->\n <div class=\"dialog\">\n <h1>We're sorry, but something went wrong.<\/h1>\n <\/div>\n<\/body>\n<\/html>\n","response":{"code":502,"message":"Bad Gateway"},"cookies":[],"filename":null,"http_response":{"data":null,"headers":null,"status":null}}`"

I have already done all the processes for clean wpml in the debug menu, I reset the plugin and everything reinstalled, but nothing works, I still have no access. Can you help me please ?

May 30, 2019 at 10:36 pm #3926417

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML.

This issue could be related server configuration or settings being "stuck" somewhere in database.

**IMPORTANT** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

1. Check to make sure allow_url_fopen is on in PHP. You may need to ask your host about this step.

2. Go to: - WPML -> Translation Management - Click on the "Translators" tab - Make sure no Translation Services are 'active'

3. Go to: - WPML -> Support. - Click on 'troubleshooting' link. - Click on the 'Clear the cache in WPML' button.

4. Go to: - WPML -> Support - Click on 'I am about to stop any ongoing work done by PRO' under Reset professional translation state. - Only select this option if you have no pending jobs or you are sure of what you are doing. - Click "Reset Professional Translation State"

If the issue does not resolve or if you having pending jobs, please open a ticket with WPML support.

Also, please make sure the following links are white-listed by your server:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

Let me know if this helps!