This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
April 15, 2019 at 10:08 am #3612163

xavierM-22

I am trying to: translate portfolio items in a Kalium powered website. Everything goes ok, but no options appears to translate portfolio custom post type. When I look in translation management tab I can't find the checkbox to activate translation for custom types.

I expected to see: When in admin, I expect to see translation options in the portfolio list view as there are in pages and posts.

Instead, I got: There aren't any options, neither in wpml translation management area.

April 15, 2019 at 10:25 am #3612367

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. You can enable custom post type translation from WPML >> Settings >> Multilingual Content Setup > Post Types Translation as you can see in the attached screenshot.

Here is doc for more details:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-posts/

Thank you

April 22, 2019 at 9:39 am #3654881
xavierM-22

Hi Noman and thank you for your help!

It works and now we have translated all portfolio items. But them only appears in the main language portfolio page, not in the translated ones. We double check page configuration and all three pages (original and translated ones) share the same: main page, portfolio page template...

So: main language portfolio page set as home page shows all portfolio items fine but them are not displayed in the translated ones, both configured in the same way.

Any idea on what may be wrong?

Thanks again!

April 22, 2019 at 1:45 pm #3656171

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Glad to see it works. To handle display translated portfolio issue, I have created a new ticket since this is a separate issue. Here is the link to the new ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/portfolio-only-appears-in-the-main-language-portfolio-page-not-in-the-translated-ones-in-kalium-theme/

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

The topic ‘[Closed] Can not activate translation options for Portfolio in Kalium theme’ is closed to new replies.