I am trying to: Use the admin area in English but have the site display exclusively in Spanish.
Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link
I expected to see: English
Instead, I got: Spanish.
The option to change the user's Admin language is missing from the user page. I can switch the entire site back to english, but then all the content is gone since we're building out in Spanish. I do not have Set the administration language as the editing language checked.
My issue is resolved now. I found this in the forum - looks like it must still be an open bug.
Someone else has reported a similar issue to our developers and it turns out there is a bug regarding the admin language. As a workaround until this is permanently resolved, please make a full backup of your site. Then, access your database using the Adminer plugin or your phpMyAdmin and look for the user meta key (in the table named wp_usermeta) - icl_admin_language - which is probably set to NULL. Change that to your language code (en for English) and let me know if the issue is resolved.