This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by ryanC-16 5 months, 1 week ago.

Author Posts
May 16, 2019 at 1:37 pm

ryanC-16

I am trying to: Use the admin area in English but have the site display exclusively in Spanish.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: English

Instead, I got: Spanish.

The option to change the user's Admin language is missing from the user page. I can switch the entire site back to english, but then all the content is gone since we're building out in Spanish. I do not have Set the administration language as the editing language checked.

May 16, 2019 at 1:50 pm #3826533

ryanC-16

My issue is resolved now. I found this in the forum - looks like it must still be an open bug.

Someone else has reported a similar issue to our developers and it turns out there is a bug regarding the admin language. As a workaround until this is permanently resolved, please make a full backup of your site. Then, access your database using the Adminer plugin or your phpMyAdmin and look for the user meta key (in the table named wp_usermeta) - icl_admin_language - which is probably set to NULL. Change that to your language code (en for English) and let me know if the issue is resolved.