No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
May 28, 2019 at 6:16 pm #3909339

Vassilis Tzivaras

I am trying to translate words and text under specific domains. eg. <?php _e('Verifications', 'user_dashboard') ?>

How can I translate those words?

Regards,
Vassilis Tzivaras

May 29, 2019 at 6:00 am #3912017

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello Vassilis,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

Provided that you have the "WPML String Translation" AddOn installed please follow these steps:
- Go under "WPML -> Theme and plugins localization".
- Make sure that "Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation only (don't load .mo files)" is active.
- Scroll down to "Strings in the theme" and click on "Scan the theme for strings".
- Scroll down to "Strings in the plugins", select the plugin you want to scan and click on "Scan the selected plugins for strings".
- Once you followed the above steps go under "WPML -> String Translation". All strings available for translation should display in the table you see there.

Do you see them? If yes, all you need to do is click on "translations" next to each string you want to translate and enter + save your translations.

Documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

Best regards,
Andrés

May 29, 2019 at 11:08 am #3914557

Vassilis Tzivaras

Hi and thank you for your reply. I clicked in the scan button to scan in my main and childtheme and there is a popup windows saying: "Scanning now, please don't close this page." I wonder if it is doing anything at the back. It is running for about 3 hours... :/

Regards,
- Vassilis

May 29, 2019 at 11:17 am #3914765

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

If seems that there could be an issue on your site, Vassilis. However, this forum is intended for how to questions. It seems that the issue that you are experiencing is beyond that and it is more a technical problem, maybe a compatibility issue.
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/accounts-for-wpml-end-users/

We committed with the site developer that this forum is only for that and we won't mess his development, So, for this kind of questions, you should ask your developer (license owner) to open a ticket in the technical forum.

Regards,
Andrés