This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.89 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
July 25, 2019 at 7:45 am #4280259

vorakarnw

Everytime when I edited the main page in English and I then convert to other language. Those word where I manual translate change back to English. Please check the room type name for my home page.

Secound, I could not find the way to translate my footer

Third, each room type like 1 bedroom suite in Russian some point can not translate
hidden link

July 25, 2019 at 2:00 pm #4283905

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

1. For the first question, my guess is that you might have duplicated some pages and you did not break the connection between the translated page and the original language page yet so each time you are making an edit to the original language page, the translation gets overwritten.

I am referring to the "Translate independently" button screenshot that you can find in the link below after scrolling a bit:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/#convert-between-translation-and-duplicate

You should go to the translated page (in the backend edit mode) and make sure that button is pressed.

2. Regarding the second issue, The way to translate those strings really depends on how they have been implemented in the code.

- 2a. Can you please let me know if you tried to go to WPML > String Translation and search for any of the words in those sentences?

Here is some very helpful documentation on how to use the String Translation plugin:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

If it's not there, it could help if you scan the plugin/theme that's generating the strings and then go back to WPML > String Translation and see if the strings show up:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/

- 2b. If you can't find it inside the WPML > String Translation, it might be added as admin text.

This should be the normal process to translate admin texts:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

3. Regarding the 3rd issue, I think the same process from point 2 should be followed so that you can search for those strings ("bedroom suite").

In our forum, we try to keep one issue per ticket.

Continuing with one issue per ticket helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster.

So let's continue concentrating on the point 2 and point 3 that are related to string translation and would you kindly open a new ticket for the additional issue where the translation is overwritten, in case the steps I recommended at point 1 are not solving the issue?

Also, it would be very helpful if in the new ticket that you will create you could provide more information like the exact steps you took to make the issue take place, screenshots, and links.

This will help us in our debugging process.

Please let me know how that goes.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Mihai Apetrei

August 1, 2019 at 3:53 am #4318565

vorakarnw

Hi Mihai,

Thank you for your answer. Honesty, I could not find those translation in the admin area.

However, the most importation thing is the contact form7. I could not get it translate, even I got everything translate in string - contact form7

Could you please advise.

August 1, 2019 at 2:42 pm #4322821

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi. Sure!

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

In order to be able to help you faster, can you also please paste your WPML Debug information in the Debug information field?
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

August 8, 2019 at 7:32 pm #4365631

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the credentials.

I can confirm that they work.

No worries on the delayed response. 🙂

I will spend more time on this and I will get back to you as soon as I have more feedback.

I will leave the ticket assigned to myself for the moment.

Kind regards,
Mihai

August 9, 2019 at 7:57 pm #4372695

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

This is taking more time than I expected so I will need to spend some more for the moment.

I also don't work on the weekends so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week if that's also ok with you.

I am also leaving the ticket assigned to myself for the moment.

If you would prefer to not wait for a ticket response, you can mark this current ticket as resolved and in the process of creating a new ticket, you can select the "Live chat" option (it should be the default method now).

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

August 12, 2019 at 5:19 pm #4382715

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you very much for your patience.

I have translated the "book now" button from here in Russian only for the moment:
hidden link attaching screenshot)

I have translated the "from" text from here in Russian only for the moment:
hidden link (attaching screenshot).

I think the steps to be followed for the other strings are the ones below:

1. Go to WPML > String Translation
2. Add the keyword that you want to search for and hit return
3. Filter by the string domain called "hoteller" and filter

I will also attach some screenshots, too.

Please let me know if that solved the issue for you.

PS: You can see the 2 strings I translated here:
hidden link

Kind regards,
Mihai