Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 63 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 20 hours ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
September 2, 2020 at 10:22 am

emilN-4

Can not import the products using WP All Import Multilingual

September 2, 2020 at 1:10 pm
September 3, 2020 at 8:25 am #6932413

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

Please check the attached images. Have you imported the Products in English before importing it in Bulgarian? Because the ID for the English Import task is 1 and the *Import to translate* option is missing for the English Import task.

Normally we will import in the default language first and then import & connect in the secondary language. Refer to the following documentation for more details and let me know your feedback.

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/#how-to-import-posts

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

Also just to make sure, are you exporting the products from another WordPress WooCommerce site?

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 7, 2020 at 11:44 am #6956797

emilN-4

Hi,

Bulgarian is actually the default language. So that is the first language we were trying to import. We've translated the categories, as you should have access to our website's admin and can verify that.

I am not exactly sure what you mean by the rest. We are exporting the .CSV file (the product list) from our own google sheets table that we have with all the products.

Thank you.

Regards,
Deflectors.eu

September 7, 2020 at 7:53 pm #6959485

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Now 3658 products and 1511 product category terms has created in Bulgarian. So do you have to import more Products and Categories to Bulgarian?

The Bulgarian import file *Products_to_import_in_deflectors.eu_do_not_upload_photos_Sheet16.csv* is missing the columns. Please check the attached images for more details and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 8, 2020 at 8:45 am #6962471

emilN-4

Hi,

We have added the categories that we need to translate as of right now. We want to translate the deflectors first, then we will get onto the side window deflectors.

Thank you very much.

September 8, 2020 at 9:15 am #6962843

emilN-4

"Now 3658 products and 1511 product category terms has created in Bulgarian. So do you have to import more Products and Categories to Bulgarian?"

As well, what do you mean by "now"? These were created long time ago and that file contains only one product, so you could not have created anything more than that product unless you had exported all products by yourself from woocommerce, modified the csv and imported them back (which you should not do).

Thank you.

September 8, 2020 at 12:40 pm #6965609

emilN-4

Hi,

"The Bulgarian import file *Products_to_import_in_deflectors.eu_do_not_upload_photos_Sheet16.csv* is missing the columns. Please check the attached images for more details and let me know your feedback."

We do not need the column that says I. Column I is for the number of available items. We don't fill that because our website works more like a catalogue of our items ,rather than an online shop. Our clients can then find us via email.

Our purpose here is that we need to have translations in both Bulgarian (as default) and the English language.

We need that translation so that our clients can come to our website and freely be able to find an item for example and AUDI A4 from the manufacturing year of 2000 and then they can click the English version of the site and get the same item translated to the English language , with the English description to boot. They can then read the description and determine whether they need the item or not.

Please let me know if you understand what we want. Please let me know if you have access to our website.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Deflectors.eu

September 8, 2020 at 4:29 pm #6968403

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I have access to hidden link dashboard.

Please note, we have to import the Products in the default language first. Then only we can successfully import it in the secondary language and connect it with translations. So hope you have to import Products and Product Categories to the default language(Bulgarian) and the secondary languages. Refer to the following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/#how-to-import-posts

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

I have a request. It will be great if you can share a screencast(video) for a better understanding of your requirements and workflow. Especially about the following. Thank you for your understanding. You can share the screencast via Google Drive or Dropbox.

We have added the categories that we need to translate as of right now. We want to translate the deflectors first, then we will get onto the side window deflectors.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 9, 2020 at 9:06 am #6973231

emilN-4

To follow the process in which we upload the product, please load the saved template, as per the picture attached.

September 9, 2020 at 9:35 am #6973753

emilN-4

These should be the steps that follow, and the content that should be attached in the accurate places. Let me know if this is clear, or if it is not. Let me know if this is the guide you are looking for.

September 9, 2020 at 7:04 pm #6978783

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details. I have three more doubts about the import task. Please read the following and let me know your feedback.

1) Now there are three completed import tasks in the All Import>>Manage Imports section. Please check this screenshot hidden link. The default language of the site is Bulgarian and the secondary language is English. But the import task is first done in English. So it will not be possible to connect with the Bulgarian and English posts. The WPML All Import workflow is we will do import in the default language first and then import & connect in the secondary language.

2) Please check this screenshot - hidden link. *Import to translate* relation is missing in the English Import task. We have to choose an import task in Bulgarian, then only we can connect the posts translation relationships between Bulgarian and English. I hope the value *{undefined0[1]}* choose for the Unique Identifier field is unique. Mostly SKU is using as a Unique Identifier while importing WooCommerce Products

3) Taxonomy details are not selected in the Bulgarian Import task -hidden link. So the values will mismatch in Bulgarian and English Products after importing.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 15, 2020 at 7:50 am #7015513

emilN-4

1. The WPML All Import workflow is we will do import in the default language first and then import & connect in the secondary language.

Yes, i think we imported the default language firstly. I'm not sure what to do about that.

2. I think the Import to translate is only selected each time you go through the import process, it is not something you can save on the template.

3. I think we selected those details, not sure why they are not showing for you.

September 15, 2020 at 3:48 pm #7019613

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. How many products you are planning to import in Bulgarian and English now. Because the current imported files have only one Product. It will help us to troubleshoot the issue.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 16, 2020 at 7:05 am #7023565

emilN-4

We want to try 1 item now so we can make sure that it works well and we don't have to debug anything. But after that we will upload about 1400 deflectors (items in bulgarian) and 1400 deflectors (items in English) and subsequently after that we will upload the rainguards (the categories of which we have not yet translated).