This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.44 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Laura 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
June 4, 2019 at 2:49 pm #3952879

michelev-9

I am trying to:
Open the side navigation menu by clicking the hamburger icon

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
The issue is present on all pages of the domain hidden link

I expected to see:
The side menu should open

Instead, I got:
No side menu.

If I disable the WPML plugin, the side menu works again. I have contacted the Theme Maker (Grand Tour) but they have said to contact you.

June 4, 2019 at 8:16 pm #3955081

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

The GrandTour theme by ThemeGoods that you are using is not officially compatible with WPML. Not being on this list does not mean that it is not compatible; it just means we do not know yet if it is. But I can see that we have a recent known issue with it that our compatibility team found for it a fix.
https://wpml.org/fr/forums/topic/certaines-traductions-sont-vides/

First, please try the following. By looking at the debug info that you have attached I can see that your server WP Memory Limit is set to 40M.
Our recommendations are to have the following as minimal requirements:
- PHP 5.6 and above (this OK with your installation) with a WP Memory Limit of at least 128MB and more if possible.
- MySQL 5.6 and above.
Please follow this link for detailed documentation:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Is it possible for you to change those to the minimum requirement?
You may need to contact your hosting provider for that.
Meeting those baseline requirements is most critical before starting to debug and sometimes solves issues like you experiencing.
Most important is to raise the WP Memory Limit.
Please try to raise it before you contact your hosting company.
You can try and do it from the wp-config.php file in your WordPress installation.
Insert this code in that file.

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Add it before this line:
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Could you please perform that procedure and see if it help?

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 11, 2019 at 7:27 am #3992787

michelev-9

Hello,

I have added these variables to the config file and set the max PHP memory through the hosting platform to 1024MB though the issue still occures, so this does not seem to be related ot our current problem.

June 11, 2019 at 2:37 pm #3996295

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thanks for trying my suggestions.

We are going to need and replicate this issue on a clean WordPress installation. Then I'll be able to escalate this issue to our compatibility team.
For this, I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link
Through this link, you will be automatically logged in. (If nobody logs in the test site will be available for one week from today.)
Could you please install the GrandTour theme and see if the issue is replicable on a clean WordPress installation?
Please configures WPML as it is configured on your site.
Please also make sure that you are installing the latest version of the theme.

Thanks,
Itamar.

July 3, 2019 at 8:40 am #4133359

michelev-9

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in reply, it was extremely busy month at work and i did not have the time to look in to this. Could the link be created again?

July 3, 2019 at 1:29 pm #4136975

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Itamar is off this week so I'll take care of your ticket.
I created a new Sandbox for you, please let me know when you manage to reproduce the issue: hidden link

The topic ‘[Closed] Can not open side menu after installing WPML plugin as suggested by theme author’ is closed to new replies.