Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bill Lafferty 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
October 15, 2020 at 3:28 pm #7237997

Bill Lafferty

I am trying to:
1. Cancel Translation Jobs that display the "Needs update" icon (because content was added or removed from the pages before we could deliver)

2. I canceled by clicking the red x next to each page. Now the 'x' is the color gray

3. But when I check under Translation Dashboard, the files still show the 'Needs update' icon.

3. I researched your documentation, and found that clicking on "Reset professional translation state" can solve the problem. (Here's the specific ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cant-remove-translation-jobs-that-i-sent-to-to-translator-but-later-cancelled/)

4. I had the client back up their website first, and then I reset that setting.

5. The pages still display as "Needs update."

6. I've exhausted the steps I know how to reset the status from Needs update to untranslated. Please kindly advise (debug info included below).

Many thanks.
Bill

2020-10-15_9-59-27.png
2020-10-15_9-57-51.png
October 16, 2020 at 1:18 pm #7244527

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thanks for contacting our support forum.

As shown in the screenshot, the jobs are marked as canceled so you have nothing to do with the jobs

Related to the status "needs update", you get this status when you make any change to the original page, so it declares that you have to update the translation as well, so to change the status to be translated, you have to translate the page again and fill any missing part and mark it as completed using the WPML editor or to send it the service and use the translation memory to translate the already translated parts and enter a translation to the newly added content.

Please don't use the reset professional translation services, and this option will remove the connection between the site and the service and if you initialized the connection again a new project will be created for you and it will be hard to connect to the old project again.

Best regards,
Ahmed Ibrahim.

October 21, 2020 at 3:15 pm #7276475

Bill Lafferty

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks very much for your help and apologies for the delayed reply. My email notifications from WPML were turned off somehow.

Thanks again.
Bill