This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
April 24, 2019 at 8:30 am

Lorry Gombos

After the latest update from 3.5.7. woocommerce version to 3.6.1. WPML stops working. Basically, if you try to access every single WPML page (for example, /es/) it will result as loading loop which in the end results with
504 Gateway Time-out
nginx/1.15.11

That is issue on two our sites. And english translation is working normally, but when you try to access any WPML language, it crashes.

Can you please check what this is about and how to resolved it? I thought that your latest updates (that I did today) will resolve this problem that lasts from date when woocommerce is updated, but they did not.

Thanks.

April 24, 2019 at 9:19 am
April 24, 2019 at 9:53 am #3671291

Lorry Gombos

I just want to say that migration to testing server is successfully completed. Please check it now from your end what is the issue with this. Thank you.

April 24, 2019 at 2:33 pm #3674137

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I'm checking the site but I can't see any 504 errors. I can see the pages in Spanish are extremely slow (up to 2 minutes to load) but I didn't get timeouts.

I tried to disable all plugins except WPML, WooCommerce and the addons and loading times dropped to 4s, so I think it's more likely to be a compatibility issue with a 3rd party plugin and not an issue of WPML itself.

Would it possible for you to do this test and see if you experience the same?

April 24, 2019 at 9:12 pm #3676989

Lorry Gombos

It's not true. We have very same site for different market and this is on woocommerce 3.5.7 and everything loads perfectly. If you want, I can send you link privately and you can check it. This is pure woocommerce issue and compatibility of woocommerce new 3.6. version with WPML.

Also, now woocommerce 3.6.2. is released and I updated the site. And still this issue is here... Its not important if it loads in 3 minutes, its important that suddently, without a reason after woocommerce update it stops working. I do believe that fix is not adjusted from your support end and that's why this happens.

April 25, 2019 at 4:06 pm #3684403

Lorry Gombos

Can you help with this or you cannot? I tried to disable all plugins but still there are an issue with neverending load... And yes, about one thing you are right... when you go on /es/ site then it loads in 3-4 minutes but then try to click on some product and you will see that it stucks at that point.

April 25, 2019 at 6:50 pm #3685205

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

what do you mean the site is stuck when it loads products? On my copy (with deactivated plugins) product pages load fast (see this for example: hidden link), it's the category pages which are extremely slow, but again, I never get 504 timeouts.

April 25, 2019 at 9:58 pm #3686055

Lorry Gombos

I see that it can be loaded... This is very strange... Also, why on same theme same plugins different site site loading is normal for every product - and this one have woocommerce 3.5.7. I really don't understand that... I understand that some plugins might not be compatible with new woocommerce update, that's perfectly fine but WHY even if you disable all plugins load of every page becomes that slow... You can tell me its not related but logic say to me that it is.

April 26, 2019 at 7:45 am #3688521

Lorry Gombos

Can you please check my video: hidden link
Password to access the video: WPML (please make this post hidden)

As you can see, I leave just plugins that are related with a Woodmart theme, plus Woocommerce base plugin and WPML plugin and check the result. So you can see that I'm really telling you the truth. I hope you or your senior team will be able to help me with this.

April 27, 2019 at 4:54 pm #3695865

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

thanks for the video.

I can see the issue, but I did believe you, just if we can't see or reproduce the problem for us it's difficult to fix it.
Even after the patch we had several tickets about timeouts errors so I think yours is one of these.

On Monday we should have a new fix version so hopefully that will solve your issue as well. In the meantime the only workaround we can suggest is to rollback to previous version.

April 28, 2019 at 7:31 am #3697343

Lorry Gombos

Thank you Laura for understanding. Looking forward to new patch instead of rollback which I already did and caused me problems.

April 28, 2019 at 8:39 pm #3698993

Lorry Gombos

I updated plugin to new WooCommerce Multilingual version 4.6.2 but still issue persist. Meaning this issue is still pending...

April 29, 2019 at 11:22 am #3702607

Lorry Gombos

Sorry for being boring just want to help the community... With new version 4.6.2.1 everything works great. Thanks for fixing it!

May 11, 2019 at 8:08 am #3789907

Laura
Supporter

Great, thanks for letting me know.