Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
January 18, 2021 at 4:40 pm #7871561

federicoB-29

Hi guys,
Inside the settings page I try to enable the advanced Editor but It says that it is activating advanced editor. It never says that the advanced editor is activated.
Can you help me please?

January 19, 2021 at 3:21 pm #7879155

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi there.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

January 21, 2021 at 12:18 am #7892377

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the credentials.

I can confirm that I was able to log in successfully.

I am spending more time on this and I will get back to you as soon as I have more feedback.

I will leave the ticket assigned to myself for the moment.

Kind regards,
Mihai

January 22, 2021 at 10:30 pm #7909287

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

I wanted to inform you that after some good digging, I was able to find out that there is no ATE id in the database.

It seems that something went wrong in the setup process (this could be caused either by a compatibility issue between WPML and the other active plugins/theme or by a server hiccup at the moment when things were set up).

This issue will need more debugging and I might have to escalate this to the 2nd tier team so I just wanted to let you know that I am working on this but there's no quick solution in this situation compared to other issues that could be resolved super fast.

I am not working on the weekends but I will get back on Monday and I will spend a little more time on this and escalate it if there's no way I can get it to work.

I wish you a great weekend.

Please stay safe.

I'm also leaving the ticket assigned to myself for the moment.

Mihai

January 26, 2021 at 8:39 am #7928361

federicoB-29

Thanks for your help so far Mihai!

January 27, 2021 at 4:20 pm #7943771

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

It is my pleasure, it is just too bad that this is not a quick-fix issue - I guess there's something that needs to be switched in the database.

Can I install the "Duplicator" plugin to make a copy of your site so that I can share it with our developers?

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site first and only then reply back.

I will be waiting for your response.

Mihai

January 27, 2021 at 5:13 pm #7944221

federicoB-29

Hi Mihai,
sure you can.

Even better if you want to work on the staging copy that I just made: hidden link

(same login)

Thank you vey much!

Federico

January 28, 2021 at 9:14 pm #7956487

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Thank you very much for the confirmation, Federico.

I will definitely spend more time on this and I will get back to you as soon as I have any news.

I'm leaving the ticket assigned to myself for now.

February 2, 2021 at 10:08 pm #7990853

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Feredico, I want to thank you for the amazing patience that you have shown.

I want to let you know that this situation has been reproduced locally where the same issue is happening.

I also wanted to tell you that this case has been escalated to the ATE team and as soon as I hear from them, I will get back to you.

Until then, I'm setting the status of this ticket to "Escalated to 2nd Tier".

I will keep you up to date as I promised.

Mihai

February 2, 2021 at 11:17 pm #7990991

federicoB-29

Hi Mihai,
thank you very much for your help.

Federico

February 2, 2021 at 11:55 pm #7991043

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

It is my pleasure!

Changing the status of this ticket back to Escalated to 2nd Tier".

February 3, 2021 at 12:45 pm #7996505

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Federico.

I am back!

Our team has identified the issue and it has been resolved. ATE is now active on your website.

To fix the problem, we had to remove the key "WPML_TM_AMS" in the options database table.

The problem was that the shared key and secret were not matching with the expected ones from the ATE.

If things look good on your end, too, can you also please mark this ticket as resolved?

Thank you very much and never hesitate to get back to us whenever you have any other WPML-related questions or issues!

Mihai

February 3, 2021 at 1:00 pm #7996697

federicoB-29

Hi Mihai,
Thank you very much for all your work. I checked some pages that I still did not try to translate and it seems all is fine now.

Just 2 more little questions:

1) I have some translation credits in my account. I use it on another site mainly. But how I can use it here as well? [I attach the screenshot of the other site credits page]

2) I tried to translate some page before your help. Now it shows the gear icon beside the page details [screenshot attached]. If I try to edit the translation on these pages I cannot use the ATE (just the normal editor). How can I activate the ATE on these pages as well?

Thank you

Federico

February 5, 2021 at 12:33 am #8011619

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Federico.

1. Please take a look here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/automatic-translation-subscription-for-multiple-sites/

2. In WPML > Settings, in the exact section where you activated the ATE editor, underneath, you have an option to enable ATE for existing translations but you have to be aware that changing this setting might make you lose the translation so first, please create a full website backup and then try to activate it and see if things work out fine for you.

Kind regards,
Mihai

February 10, 2021 at 2:55 pm #8053227

federicoB-29

Hi Mihai,
thanks for your help so far.

1. I followed the instruction for the multiple site subscription.
Unfortunately nothing appears in the translation tools tab in the main site.

2. For the second question i will delete the existing page translation and I will start from scratch with the ATE.

Thanks again

Federico