This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 11.60 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 43 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
July 8, 2019 at 11:19 am #4161865

Jason

The problem of not being able to add multiple Woocommerce products has reared its ugly head again. The solution seemed to have been either deactivating/reactivating WCML or syncing the following in the trouble shooting page:

Duplicate terms: 7 left
Sync product stock quantity and status 75 left
Fix translated variations relationships 96 left

It's unclear which of these two operations actually "fixed" the problem.

For a few days customers were able to add multiple products. However, upon testing we discovered that the problem has reoccurred today.

I tried re-syncing the same options, but upon page refresh the same number of missing synchonizations appeared. The synchonisation seems to be broken or not working properly. In either case, customers are not able to purchase multiple products which, needless to say is a big problem.

Cheers,

Jason Jeffers

July 8, 2019 at 1:25 pm #4162899

Jason

As a further update: simply deactivating WooCommerce Multilingual resolves the problem. Upon reactivation, the problem is apparent. This leads me to believe that the problem is directly related to the plugin. To rule out a plugin conflict, I did the plugin dance on the development site running a default theme and only Woocommerce/WPML plugins and the problem was resolved only when I deactivated WooCommerce Multilingual. The same occurred when all plugins and Avada were activated; once WooCommerce Multilingual was deactivated, I could add multiple products without a problem.

July 8, 2019 at 6:15 pm #4164955

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Can you please tell me how you are adding multiple products at one time? Also, Please enable the WordPress debug log. This will allow us to see if any PHP errors are being produced. More Info: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

1. Edit wp-config.php and insert the following lines:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

2. Browse to the page with the issue and/or reproduce the issue.

3. Locate the debug log in: /wp-content/debug.log

4. Paste the latest lines here. No need to paste the entire log file, just 50 lines or so will do. Please censor any sensitive information.

July 8, 2019 at 6:58 pm #4165151

Jason

Lauren,

Here you go:

[08-Jul-2019 18:44:54 UTC] PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /nas/content/live/ecoformdev/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-pdf-ips-templates/includes/wcpdf-template-functions.php on line 56
[08-Jul-2019 18:45:00 UTC] PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /nas/content/live/ecoformdev/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-pdf-ips-templates/includes/wcpdf-template-functions.php on line 56
[08-Jul-2019 18:45:05 UTC] PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /nas/content/live/ecoformdev/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-pdf-ips-templates/includes/wcpdf-template-functions.php on line 56
[08-Jul-2019 18:45:07 UTC] PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /nas/content/live/ecoformdev/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-pdf-ips-templates/includes/wcpdf-template-functions.php on line 56
[08-Jul-2019 18:45:08 UTC] PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /nas/content/live/ecoformdev/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-pdf-ips-templates/includes/wcpdf-template-functions.php on line 56
[08-Jul-2019 18:45:10 UTC] PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /nas/content/live/ecoformdev/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-pdf-ips-templates/includes/wcpdf-template-functions.php on line 56
[08-Jul-2019 18:45:13 UTC] PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /nas/content/live/ecoformdev/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-pdf-ips-templates/includes/wcpdf-template-functions.php on line 56
[08-Jul-2019 18:45:15 UTC] PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /nas/content/live/ecoformdev/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-pdf-ips-templates/includes/wcpdf-template-functions.php on line 56
[08-Jul-2019 18:45:20 UTC] PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /nas/content/live/ecoformdev/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-pdf-ips-templates/includes/wcpdf-template-functions.php on line 56
[08-Jul-2019 18:45:22 UTC] PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /nas/content/live/ecoformdev/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-pdf-ips-templates/includes/wcpdf-template-functions.php on line 56
[08-Jul-2019 18:45:22 UTC] PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /nas/content/live/ecoformdev/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-pdf-ips-templates/includes/wcpdf-template-functions.php on line 56
[08-Jul-2019 18:45:24 UTC] PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /nas/content/live/ecoformdev/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-pdf-ips-templates/includes/wcpdf-template-functions.php on line 56
[08-Jul-2019 18:46:25 UTC] PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /nas/content/live/ecoformdev/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-pdf-ips-templates/includes/wcpdf-template-functions.php on line 56
[08-Jul-2019 18:46:30 UTC] PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /nas/content/live/ecoformdev/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-pdf-ips-templates/includes/wcpdf-template-functions.php on line 56
[08-Jul-2019 18:46:32 UTC] PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /nas/content/live/ecoformdev/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-pdf-ips-templates/includes/wcpdf-template-functions.php on line 56
[08-Jul-2019 18:46:33 UTC] PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /nas/content/live/ecoformdev/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-pdf-ips-templates/includes/wcpdf-template-functions.php on line 56
[08-Jul-2019 18:46:35 UTC] PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /nas/content/live/ecoformdev/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-pdf-ips-templates/includes/wcpdf-template-functions.php on line 56

Only this single repeated warning. This is of course relating to the WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips Premium Templates plugin. We are aware that this plugin needs an update that will solve these warnings. However, today I was very aware that this plugin could be causing the conflict and I did the plugin dance turning off this plugin and the problem still existed. I feel very confident that this plugin is not the problem as even with a default theme and minimal plugins (exclusively Woocommerce and WPML related plugins) the problem existed. Only turning off WCML resolved the issue. This one has had me going for 3 weeks now and I've been doing this kind of work for 10 years 😉

If you need access to the site I can create an account for you. I take it I can give you the credentials through these messages?

Cheers,

Jason Jeffers

July 8, 2019 at 7:05 pm #4165221

Lauren
Supporter

Can you please tell me how you are adding multiple products at one time?

I have marked the next reply as private so that you can share credentials safely.

July 9, 2019 at 5:43 pm #4173527

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for sending me the details and access to the dev site. Before testing further, do I have your permission to disable theme/plugins on this dev site as well as running the WPML troubleshooting steps to further investigate?

July 10, 2019 at 9:39 am #4177845

Jason

Lauren,

Go for it! It's a dev/staging site. So break it if needs be. WP Engine creates an automatic daily backup. Just let me know if I need to restore a prior backup.

Cheers,

Jason

July 10, 2019 at 3:31 pm #4182217

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks Jason. I deactivated all plugins except WooCommerce (which I updated) and WPML and switched to a default theme. With these settings, I am able to add other products to the cart.

I will now activate plugins one at a time to find which one is causing the conflict. I'll report back here after additional testing.

July 10, 2019 at 3:45 pm #4182259

Lauren
Supporter

I reactivated all the plugins and your theme and now I can no longer reproduce the issue. Since I did not deactivate/reactivate WPML plugins, it seems like there is some conflict coming from either the theme or another plugin that is happening. If you would like to restore a backup to where this was happening, I can try deactivating the plugins one at a time instead of all at once to try and identify which is the culprit.

July 14, 2019 at 12:49 pm #4205573

Jason

Lauren,

Sorry to not get back to you sooner.

Yes, I have been able to "solve" the problem by de/reactivating the plugins. However, this seems to be a temporary fix. I also did do the one-by-one plugin dance and the problem disappeared as soon as I disabled WCML. I see that WP Rocket is turned on again. This plugin was disabled on the dev site because it is specifically set up for the live site (points to the live CDN). As is, the site will give a 404 for all CSS/javascript files. So I turned off WP Rocket and the problem is not fixed. If you would, please try it again, but this time do not activate WP Rocket. Other than turning WP Rocket off, I haven't touched the site so it is as you left it.

Cheers,

Jason

July 14, 2019 at 12:52 pm #4205577

Jason

By the way, the other reason WP Rocket is turned off is to rule out any caching issues.

July 15, 2019 at 10:52 am #4210053

Jason

I really don't understand what is going on here. Yesterday I turned off WP Rocket and the problem still existed. This morning I tried again without touching anything in the backend and now it works.

July 15, 2019 at 11:00 am #4210095

Jason

I did change to a default theme and only activated Woocommerce and WPML plugins and the problem remained. It was only when I deactivated WCML that the problem went away. But since you also deactivated and reactivated the plugins and then problem seems to somehow have been resolved only after a time I am beginning to suspect that there is something wrong with caching. I've chatted with WP Engine 4 different times with 4+ different support people (a total of 8 hours) and we ruled out caching. So I just took a look at the settings of their caching plugin and there might be something going on here - hidden link If you could take a look at this and rule out any settings that may affect the situation where deactivating/reactivating plugins temporarily fixes the problem that would be helpful.

Cheers,
Jason

July 15, 2019 at 5:46 pm #4213865

Lauren
Supporter

I would suggest disabling any cache setting related to Products, WPML and also disable the Last-Modified Headers. Let's see if that makes any difference.

July 18, 2019 at 8:23 am #4235985

Jason

Lauren,

After another 10+ hours of discussions with WP Engine (a total of 26 hours with 7+ support techs) a final conclusion has been reached:

Cian (Senior Tech):

I have been testing this on my end for you and it does seem to all come down to the Woocommerce Multilingual. I disabled the object caching on the live site and it made no difference.

I then copied the site over to the Development environment and the issue was still there. After I disabled the Woocommerce Multilingual plugin, the issue was gone and I wasn't able to recreate it after multiple attempts.

Due to this, you would need to work with the Woocommerce Multilingual plugin developer here as it doesn't seem to be an issue with our platform but how the plugin works.

If the Woocommerce Multilingual developers advise that something needs to be modified on our end, please let us know and we can certainly do our best to assist further.

To sum up what WP Engine has done to narrow down any caching issues they have tried the following exclusion lists and server settings:

Plugins:
wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation
wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation
wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management
wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms
wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual
wp-content/plugins/wp-seo-multilingual
wp-content/plugins/gravityforms-multilingual

URLs:
/products/(.*)
/product-category/(.*)

Cookies:
woocommerce_items_in_cart
catAccCookies

Last modified headers off

Object caching off

All of this to no avail. As I have said earlier, testing a number of times with a default theme and minimal plugins (Woocommerce and WPML related plugins) the solution was to simply deactivate Woocommerce Multilingual.

I hope I have provided enough information to help resolve the problem on your end.

Cheers,

Jason Jeffers