This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jeroenV-43 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
June 20, 2019 at 9:36 am

jeroenV-43

I am trying to:
For hours busy right now...
Cancel a translation of a page. I think something is wrong with that translation because every time I edit the translation and save, nothing changes on the page. So I want to cancel and start the translation of this page from scratch.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
A new translated page (Dutch is main, English and French should be translated)
So I want to cancel the translation, but cannot cancel. The translation has to be a local translation but is IS a local translation.

Instead, I got:
On the page I get untranslated text And on the 'cancel-translation' task on the 'Translation management' > 'Translation tasks' I get 'Can only cancel local translation' but it IS local.

FYI
I have 256 mb memory in the wp-config settings.

June 20, 2019 at 2:37 pm #4060689

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

This seems like a known issue, I have applied a workaround by copied the String "Local" under "wpml-translation-management" to all the translation. This should help in solving the issue.

Please verify whether local jobs can be canceled, Please not the jobs in progress can only be canceled the jobs with any other status like Waiting for a translator, Needs Update, Complete cannot be canceled.

I hope this helps you better, Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Raja

June 20, 2019 at 4:06 pm #4061289

jeroenV-43

Thanks. But I still cannot translate the pages. For example: when I select a page called "Over Cars&Cargo" and I want to edit the French translation, I see left all DUTCH texts (old texts) and right also Dutch texts. But these texts both do not corresponds with the texts right now on the website.

June 20, 2019 at 4:28 pm #4061605

jeroenV-43

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

July 5, 2019 at 11:46 am #4150969

jeroenV-43

Hello, again I have some issues. We work in Cornerstone. This issue is on the HOME page:
First of all I have canceled the translations (FR and ENG). So I could start over again from scratch. Then I click the edit-tool (pencil), then I translate each text block to English. While translating the text blocks we discovered that a blocks is MISSING. For example the home page: here the text block (Dutch: "U kiest voor Cars&Cargo omdat…") is missing completely on the translation page. It is available in Cornerstone so I do not understand why this block is missing. please you can have a look because you are still an ADMIN on the site (see above).