This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by John-Pierre Cornelissen 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
July 23, 2019 at 9:08 am #4264369

John-Pierre Cornelissen

I cannot cancel a translation job. This time it's a local job.

Same issue as this one found by Ibrahim.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cannot-cancel-translation-jobs-2/#post-4246339

It's on a different (and test) website. So the issue is not isolated to a specific site and I didn't translate that word myself.

Looks like this is a WPML issue then. Can you make sure this is going to be fixed in the software?

Thanks
JP

July 23, 2019 at 11:23 am #4265577

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I´ll be helping you.

In the ticket you referenced - the job was not local but rather you were unable to cancel a job with TextMaster. As this is a "local" job as opposed to using Translation Services, this may be unrelated to your previous ticket. Do you agree?

1. Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

2. Job Information
Please provide specifics as to which job is unable to be cancelled. Also let me know if there is someone already in possession/owning the translation (e.g is it already in progress?). If so, please ask the translator to "resign" the work.

Thanks

July 23, 2019 at 11:29 am #4265595

John-Pierre Cornelissen

Hi, it is exactly the same issue. I deleted the 'local' string and the problem was solved.

Thanks
JP

July 23, 2019 at 11:32 am #4265603

Yvette
Supporter

I understand that the same action has allowed the local job to be canceled.

In this case, are you raising the ticket to signal that this problem is a more generalised than what the previous ticket thought?

Do you think we would be able to easily recreate the same issue on a test sandbox site?

July 23, 2019 at 12:06 pm #4265839

John-Pierre Cornelissen

Hi, I am raising this so it can be fixed in a future version.

The previous ticket solved it for the problem I had on that website. I didn't ask it to be fixed in WPML because I thought it was related to that specific website. But when I noticed it on another website in a slightly different situation I think it's an issue in the software that needs to be fixed.

Ibrahim coudn't replicate it. If that specific translation string shouldn't be there, then it might have been added by an older version or update. Thing is
- that string shouldn't be added when you install or update, or
- it should be removed with an update if it's already there, or
- having that string shouldn't prevent you from canceling translation jobs.

July 24, 2019 at 6:09 am #4270499

Yvette
Supporter

Ok .- understood. I will be adding a note to the original work ticket that Ibahim used to indicate that this behaviour/error is not isolated to a particular installation and should be looked at again for possible coding/logic error.

Thank you for taking the time to flag this.

July 24, 2019 at 7:45 am #4271125

John-Pierre Cornelissen

Ok, thank you.