This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by John-Pierre Cornelissen 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
July 18, 2019 at 6:39 am

John-Pierre Cornelissen

I created this ticket for partner.help@wpml.org (no name provided).
So I can sent login credentials with a secure form.

I have sent translation jobs to TextMaster and I want to cancel them. But your manual is incorrect. https://wpml.org/translation-service/textmaster/#canceling-jobs

* TextMaster does not allow you to cancel jobs that are 'In creation' on their end.
* You can delete these jobs, but if you that, the [Check status and get translations] in WPML doesn't work because there isn't anything to sync with anymore since they are deleted on the TextMaster side.

So I contacted TextMaster and partner.help@wpml.org gave these instructions:
1. Go to WPML -> Translation Management -> Translation Role, and add your self as a translator
2. Go to the Translation Dashboard, and select the posts that you want to cancel and send them to the basket
3. Go to the basket and assign these job to your local translator and send them
4. Go to the Translation Jobs tab and select the local jobs that you want to cancel and from the bulk action choose to cancel and click ok.

That doesn't work either, because at step 4, I still can't select the jobs that need to be canceled. See this video: hidden link

All translation jobs from Dutch to English need to be cancelled.

partner.help@wpml.org asked for credentials, so I sent them here in this ticket.

July 18, 2019 at 8:48 am #4236169

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I see that you created a similar (or the same) ticket here:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-cancel-a-translation-job-for-a-translation-service/

Therefore, I asked supporters were handling this to check this ticket. I will keep you posted!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 18, 2019 at 9:18 am #4236531

John-Pierre Cornelissen

Hi, yes due to that ticket I know that your manual is wrong, that there is no cancel option in TextMaster and that I can't use the delete option there. That's the reason that I asked TextMaster to cancel it for me this time and that's already going back between them, partner.help@wpml.org and me for two weeks.

July 18, 2019 at 10:43 am #4237593

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi John,

This is Ahmed Ibrahim from the TP integration team, thanks for opening the ticket, I'm checking your site and will update you asap.

Best regards.

July 18, 2019 at 11:02 am #4237865

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

It seems that your site is not seeing that these are local jobs and I don't know why is that, I have tried to replicate the same scenario in a clean installation, but it worked and I was able to cancel the job, so to be able to debug the problem I’d like to replicate your site locally. For this, you'll need to temporarily install a plugin called "Duplicator" on your site. This will allow you to create a copy of your site and your content. You can provide me with the snapshot following these directions:
If you already know how Duplicator works ( http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/ ), please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

:: Duplicator instructions
hidden link

Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services)
#Important:
As the snapshot file will be quite big, you can exclude the images if the file is very big, you can use the filters to exclude the uploads file and also use the filter to exclude any compressed files with these extensions .rar, .gz and .zip )

I will set the next reply as a private reply so you can provide a link to download the duplicator package.

Best regards

July 18, 2019 at 4:54 pm
July 19, 2019 at 12:20 pm #4246339

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

I have installed your site and debugged it locally, and as I can see that this happened because the word local was translated in the string translation module, so I have removed the translation, and now everything works as expected (please check the attached screenshot)

Please check now, and let me know if everything works as expected.
Best regards.

July 19, 2019 at 12:32 pm #4246455

John-Pierre Cornelissen

Thank you Ahmed,

Strange problem. Thank you for fixing it.

Have a nice weekend.
JP

PS: the very hard to fix rating is not for you but for the entire support experience, mainly with TextMaster and WPML partner support. It took two whole weeks to get it fixed.

The part that is not fixed yet is the TextMaster manual. The described cancellation procedure is still wrong.